UConn women have future home date with Arkansas | The Boneyard

UConn women have future home date with Arkansas

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By Carl Adamec journalinquirer.com Jan 26, 2021

The UConn women’s basketball team will make Arkansas the 40th state it has played in Thursday when it takes on the Razorbacks at Bud Walton Arena in Fayetteville. In return, Arkansas will make its first visit to UConn. The Huskies and Razorbacks deal will be a home-and-home affair. A return date for Thursday’s game has not been established as the COVID-19 pandemic plays with this year’s and with future schedules. It has been agreed that Arkansas will visit UConn within the next three years.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Mike Neighbors built a FF program at Washington and he’s attempting to do the same thing at Arkansas. His commitment to not only add UConn during the middle of his SEC schedule but to also hit the road next season to play in CT is indicative of a coach who’s not afraid of a challenge. This is particularly so when you consider that the UConn team he will face whenever the return date is set during the next 3 years will be considerably stronger than the one he’ll face tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Mike Neighbors built a FF program at Washington and he’s attempting to do the same thing at Arkansas. His commitment to not only add UConn during the middle of his SEC schedule but to also hit the road next season to play in CT is indicative of a coach who’s not afraid of a challenge. This is particularly so when you consider that the UConn team he will face whenever the return date is set during the next 3 years will be considerably stronger than the one he’ll face tomorrow.
Some coaches know the value of playing a top team (and some don't)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Wasn't Arkansas-Little Rock supposed to have played this year at Connecticut and at Arkansas-LR in 2021 for CW homecoming game? If so is next year's still on for CW and the one at Conn being rescheduled due to COVID?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Carl Adamec's article raises an interesting trivia question that Carl asked and answered 2 years ago when the UA-Little Rock game was announced.

With Arkansas as state #40 that UConn will have played in, what are the 10 states UConn has not played in?

I know the answer so won't participate.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Carl Adamec's article raises an interesting trivia question that Carl asked and answered 2 years ago when the UA-Little Rock game was announced.

With Arkansas as state #40 that UConn will have played in, what are the 10 states UConn has not played in?

I know the answer so won't participate.
Hmmm, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, New Mexico, Minnesota, Alaska, Idaho, Mississippi?, Michigan? That's 10. Not sure if correct though.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Hmmm, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, New Mexico, Minnesota, Alaska, Idaho, Mississippi?, Michigan? That's 10. Not sure if correct though.
9 of 10. Remember '95 FF was in Minneapolis.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
9 of 10. Remember '95 FF was in Minneapolis.
I'll take 9 out of 10, though I should have remembered that.

Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

Carnac

Reaction Score
Post edit -

Delaware - Birth place of Elena Delle Donne (WNBA MVP '15 & '19), Chester A. Arthur and Calvin Coolidge.*

* Thanks Oldude. I never want to intentionally or accidently post any misinformation. ;)

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Delaware - Birth place of Elena Delle Donne (WNBA MVP '15 & '19) and Rutherford B. Hayes, the 19th president.
Carnac, just checking to be sure you knew that Rutherford B. Hayes was in fact born and raised in Delaware, Ohio?

Carnac

Reaction Score
Carnac, just checking to be sure you knew that Rutherford B. Hayes was in fact born and raised in Delaware, Ohio?
Whattttt? :eek: According to Wikipedia, Hayes was born in Delaware.........................Ohio. :confused: Thanks OD. I stand corrected. It was Calvin Coolidge and Chester A. Arthur that were born in Vermont. I know I got the part about Delle Donne right. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
side question: excluding CT, in which state has UConn played most?
I assume either NY or PA.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t happen often but UConn/Arkansas would be a great non-con package for both the women’s and men’s team.

Arkansas’ men’s coach Nate Oats was super tight with Felisha Leggett-Jack when both were at Buffalo as both were major supporters of each other to promote college ball at the university. I’d expect Oats to have a similar relationship and partnership at his new gig.

Reaction Score
I probably would’ve guessed WA and UT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom