UConn will name new Hockey Arena the Toscano Family Ice Forum | The Boneyard

UConn will name new Hockey Arena the Toscano Family Ice Forum

Reaction Score

-> "UConn has had a profound impact on my life, and its quest for eminence in everything it does has become a passion for my family," says Toscano. "It's not just giving back for us. We invest in the ambitions of the next generation and the faculty and staff that show them the way. The university has many champions in academics, research, and athletics. With this amazing new facility coming online, I am eager to see our hockey programs continue their rapid ascent among the nation's best programs and become a perennial part of our championship tradition at the University." <-

->"I met Dan Toscano my first year at UConn and was immediately impressed with his school spirit – not only for UConn athletics but for everything about the University," says Mike Cavanaugh, UConn men's hockey head coach. "His enthusiasm and passion has not wavered one bit since then, and actually, it has grown. His daily commitment to help make UConn the best in class at every turn is exceptional. For me, personally, I am truly fortunate to call Dan a mentor and friend. It's only fitting that our hockey program will play in a new state of the art facility bearing the Toscano name."

"I want to thank the Toscano family for their generosity and support of our program," UConn women's head coach Chris MacKenzie says. "This amazing facility will be a game-changer for our hockey program and bringing this project to reality is a testament to Dan and his family's love and commitment for our university. We are proud to call the Toscano Family Ice Forum home." <-

Reaction Score
Politics aside, Toscano has definitely been instrumental in a lot of the positive changes to our on-campus facilities, well deserved honor!

Reaction Score

-> "UConn has had a profound impact on my life, and its quest for eminence in everything it does has become a passion for my family," says Toscano. "It's not just giving back for us. We invest in the ambitions of the next generation and the faculty and staff that show them the way. The university has many champions in academics, research, and athletics. With this amazing new facility coming online, I am eager to see our hockey programs continue their rapid ascent among the nation's best programs and become a perennial part of our championship tradition at the University." <-

->"I met Dan Toscano my first year at UConn and was immediately impressed with his school spirit – not only for UConn athletics but for everything about the University," says Mike Cavanaugh, UConn men's hockey head coach. "His enthusiasm and passion has not wavered one bit since then, and actually, it has grown. His daily commitment to help make UConn the best in class at every turn is exceptional. For me, personally, I am truly fortunate to call Dan a mentor and friend. It's only fitting that our hockey program will play in a new state of the art facility bearing the Toscano name."

"I want to thank the Toscano family for their generosity and support of our program," UConn women's head coach Chris MacKenzie says. "This amazing facility will be a game-changer for our hockey program and bringing this project to reality is a testament to Dan and his family's love and commitment for our university. We are proud to call the Toscano Family Ice Forum home." <-

$10 million dollars was the suggested donation amount for the arena naming rights. The athletic department received an anonymous $13 million dollars donation for athletic improvements last fiscal year. Are the two donations are related?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom