UCONN will be totally different this season | The Boneyard

UCONN will be totally different this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno is sitting back knowing that this team will be a very tough out come Feb.....The freshmen will be the difference.......9 deep.........

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Geno is sitting back knowing that this team will be a very tough out come Feb.....The freshmen will be the difference.......9 deep.........

I think there will be similarities between this year's UConn team and the 2011 WNBA champions --- The Minnesota LYNX. Particularly, the large number of scoring threats that each team can put on the floor. And the high quality/skills of the first 3 or 4 players off the bench.

Geno will have substitution options this year that are the best since the 2000 team. UConn will be able to rotate 4 or 5 guards who run from "really good" to "lock down" defenders. Look for lots of full court pressing by the Huskies.

And -- if you think UConn will have lots of depth this year, wait til next year when they add Stewart, Tuck, and Jefferson et al.

I'm excited -- for both the near and distant future.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I agree. Despite the loss of Maya, this team has many weapons to choose from.

I will assume our defense will be solid as always.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
OC your nailed it. Im so excited . This years team is the foundation of another UConn dynasty for the next 5 years. We are so good at every position and at least 2 deep at every position. When we subsitute we lose nothing. This team is going to grow and develop to a whole different level. Next season will be off the charts .

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
OC your nailed it. Im so excited . This years team is the foundation of another UConn dynasty for the next 5 years. We are so good at every position and at least 2 deep at every position. When we subsitute we lose nothing. This team is going to grow and develop to a whole different level. Next season will be off the charts .
care to make a prediction for next year and the year after? ;)

Reaction Score
I hate to be optimistic, but I have to agree with everyone. Maya notwithstanding, this has the potential to be a much more flexible and much stronger team by about 2/3rds of the way through the schedule. There are a lot of "ifs," but barring injuries, the pluses we know are there for sure should make for a great season.

Reaction Score
Yes, we can field more threats to score forcing our opponents to choose their poison when they double team, with a bench that can score we may be smiling early and often this season. jmo of course.

Reaction Score
When I look at the top 5 teams in WCBB, ND is 1or 2 injuries from a complete collapse. they have several players that are playing on weak wheels. Baylor has the best post player and an excellent guard in Symms..the rest is just average. Tenn has some players back, but have not been able to play at an elite level for 40 minutes. Stanford will be very good but short on shooters.......Duke will be ok in the ACC...My black horse is Georgetown......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom