UConn vs. Temple Game Thread! | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Temple Game Thread!

Reaction Score
I was really impressed by their defense. Crystal did much better. Saniya was solid,Lou worked hard and did great. And of course Collier and Gabby always defend well. I had thought that Temple would be difficult to defend with quick guards,but UConn was impressive!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, yeah, BUT she has GOT to cut down on all those turnovers!!:cool:

As Geno said, less passing to Butler to reduce those TO. Did not feel good saying this. :(

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I just have one question: how do you leave Collier off the Wooden Award list? Collier has to be one of the ten best players in the country, maybe even a top 5.

TOP 5!!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was really impressed by their defense. Crystal did much better. Saniya was solid,Lou worked hard and did great. And of course Collier and Gabby always defend well. I had thought that Temple would be difficult to defend with quick guards,but UConn was impressive!
Especially impressive without the team's best perimeter defender, Kia.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Temple's performance was definitely uninspired. However, UConn played much better, especially in the second half.

You don't give UConn's defense enough credit. They took Temple out before they knew they had to get in.

Matter of fact, most impressive was the team seemed to finally get "when you got em down, step on them again."

Reaction Score
It's not only that we miss so much with Kia out, but also that Dangerfield is just a continuous mistake waiting to happen. She needs to improve soooo much.
Who doesn't need to improve? I bet even YOU have a thing or two that's not error free or perfect.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
For those who don't get the SNY feed - Gabby said in the post game that the players had a team meeting. I was busy during the interview but the gist that I got was that, basically, the team hadn't been playing well for a couple weeks, they were tired of it and decided it was time to snap out of it. My paraphrase; maybe someone has the actual quote.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
If Temple had an advantage in the back court (as was said in pregame), it certainly didn't show up in the final result. TU's top two scorers (both guards) fell ten points shy of equalling what Phee was doing for UConn. I think TU made a tactical decision not to challenge in the post, and instead take their chance from the arc and medium range. Gamble lost, game over. Really good UConn defense tonight. Really, really good.

Reaction Score
For those who don't get the SNY feed - Gabby said in the post game that the players had a team meeting. I was busy during the interview but the gist that I got was that, basically, the team hadn't been playing well for a couple weeks, they were tired of it and decided it was time to snap out of it. My paraphrase; maybe someone has the actual quote.
She said they had lost their edge and that they realized that they had to play for each other.

Reaction Score
I didn't get to watch the whole game (had it on my phone while working)... but sure seemed like our girls played a pretty solid game, especially after all the doom and gloom predictions following Tulane. They had a rough day, the real Huskies came out to play tonight. Pheesa was outstanding, but everyone contributed in their own way. Lou is on the way back!!! and she had SIX steals. Danger played a decent game...not error free, but few play error free ball...heck, even Pheesa missed a shot. This game showed that Kia can continue to rest and recover and come back for AAC Tournament...no need to rush her recovery. GO HUSKIES!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Do we have an "ignore button" for some of our posters.

I'm getting sick of this negativism.
Yes. Click on the persons handle and a profile should come up. You should see a link for Ignore there. PM me if you have any problems.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Temple is still afraid of Uconn. Tulane not so much.

Tulane just lost to Central Florida at home.

Two weeks ago Tulane lost at home to Memphis.

Last Saturday was one of the stranger aberrations you'll ever see.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I fully respect what Kelsey Plum is doing is Washington and fully expect her to win the NPOY awards.

But who in America is a better all-around player than Napheesa?

Here's how I answer that: Who would you trade her for?

Nobody.
Geno has always said the best player on the best team should be NPOY. Doesn't always play out, though.

Reaction Score
I fully respect what Kelsey Plum is doing is Washington and fully expect her to win the NPOY awards.

But who in America is a better all-around player than Napheesa?

Here's how I answer that: Who would you trade her for?

Nobody.
One of the many things I like about her is that when she makes a shot or does something really well, she is almost oblivious to it and has no reaction because she is already getting into the next play. A coach's dream.

Reaction Score
Have to tell you, I'm really surprised at this outcome. I thought Temple's guards would come out and make things difficult. Have to credit the players and coaches for getting it done.
I'm with you. I figured UConn would have trouble with Temple's guards, figure it out, and ultimately prevail. They came out with really tough defense, and Temple just could not keep up. Which leads me to ask how Temple ranks against Tulane. Maybe it was just a matchup problem, but against UConn, Tulane looked wonderful, a lot better than Temple did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom