UConn v. Union (Friday 10/7/22 @ 7:05p & Saturday 10/8/22 @ 4:05) Both games @ XL Center and on ESPN+ | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Union (Friday 10/7/22 @ 7:05p & Saturday 10/8/22 @ 4:05) Both games @ XL Center and on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To give up a goal in the last minute of the 2nd and to give up another in the 1st minute of the third, all previous teams would have lost this game. We woulda gave up.

Early, but we’re really young and they found a way to win.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
To give up a goal in the last minute of the 2nd and to give up another in the 1st minute of the third, all previous teams would have lost this game. We woulda gave up.

Early, but we’re really young and they found a way to win.
Exactly.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I realize a lot of people are not fans of three on three hockey in OT, but the win still counts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great comeback! Need more discipline on the backcheck though.
I know Union is not ECAC elite, but our team speed advantage was evident. A great test next weekend, but Cav has this team hungry! We'll be ready!

Reaction Score
Chase Bradley is a stud. He was playing on a broken leg at the end of last season. He’ll be one of the top three best players on the team this season.

Ryan Tverberg has improved from last season and last season he was an All American.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
That penalty was ridiculous. Just a hard shoulder to shoulder hit.
Agreed saw it live and on the replay. Bradley made a nice steal on the play as well. Pretty loud boos at the XL. Oh, and welcome to the Hockey board!

Reaction Score
Starting with Ohio State next week, the schedule through the end of November is tough. UConn needs to maintain a solid Pairwise position through this stretch.

Reaction Score
That OT goal was sweet!

I was watching 71 all game. Big kid. Not the best player on the ice tonight, but Woody got an assist on the OT winner!

Reaction Score
Bradley doesn’t look big but he loves to throw the body around just like his linemate Capone (who cross checks waaaaay too much but I digress).
Now he’s getting better at putting the puck in the net. Sweet move for the goal.
We sleepwalked in our own zone the entire game and still came out with a win.

Reaction Score
I realize a lot of people are not fans of three on three hockey in OT, but the win still counts.
Three-on-three is Pond Hockey. Has no business in any competitive event.

Reaction Score
Regarding low attendance, it seems this is the case every year with these early October non-conference Match ups.
Some fans dont realize or forget hockey is already starting while others may not be juiced by non-descript non-conference opponents.
I would think an Ohio State matchup will stir some more people to show.

Reaction Score
Regarding low attendance, it seems this is the case every year with these early October non-conference Match ups.
Some fans dont realize or forget hockey is already starting while others may not be juiced by non-descript non-conference opponents.
I would think an Ohio State matchup will stir some more people to show.
Basketball's First Night is Friday @ 7:00pm. Good luck getting many students (pep band?) to the XL. Cav can't get a scheduling break. Too many afternoon games....................and BC on a Thursday night!!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Three-on-three is Pond Hockey. Has no business in any competitive event.

Wrong. 100% wrong. It makes the sport more about what it should be: the skill.

Hockey should be 4-on-4 during regular play.

Reaction Score
Basketball's First Night is Friday @ 7:00pm. Good luck getting many students (pep band?) to the XL. Cav can't get a scheduling break. Too many afternoon games....................and BC on a Thursday night!!
Students don’t go to the hockey games much in Hartford and any adult who would go to first night over a good hockey game probably wouldn’t go to the hockey game anyway

Reaction Score
Wrong. 100% wrong. It makes the sport more about what it should be: the skill.

Hockey should be 4-on-4 during regular play.
What is going on here!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro