Men - UConn v. Seton Hall @ Elliot Ballpark (Thurs. 5/20/21@6p, Fri. 5/2121 Senior Day Dblhdr @12p & Sat. 5/22/21@1p) All games on Husky All-Access/Mixlr | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Men UConn v. Seton Hall @ Elliot Ballpark (Thurs. 5/20/21@6p, Fri. 5/2121 Senior Day Dblhdr @12p & Sat. 5/22/21@1p) All games on Husky All-Access/Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think you are totally missing the criticism. I, and many others, never doubted the talent on the team. No one thought we didn’t have enough really good players to be really good. We thought that but for bad mistakes we had the talent to be better than 4-10 through the start of our schedule, and we thought we should have been beating the crap out of the Big East and eastern competition we then moved on to. Finishing the season the way we did confirmed that this team, as a team, hadn’t been playing up to its potential.

Let’s hope they cut through the Big East tournament like a hot knife through butter, and then show what they have in a regional. As far as I’m concerned, they have now shown what they had to show to get an at large bid if they don’t win next weekend.
No problem I disagree but that’s fine. We all want the best and that’s what matters most

Reaction Score
I think you are totally missing the criticism. I, and many others, never doubted the talent on the team. No one thought we didn’t have enough really good players to be really good. We thought that but for bad mistakes we had the talent to be better than 4-10 through the start of our schedule, and we thought we should have been beating the crap out of the Big East and eastern competition we then moved on to. Finishing the season the way we did confirmed that this team, as a team, hadn’t been playing up to its potential.

Let’s hope they cut through the Big East tournament like a hot knife through butter, and then show what they have in a regional. As far as I’m concerned, they have now shown what they had to show to get an at large bid if they don’t win next weekend.
You can try to walk it back now, but you called this team a bunch of losers. Say whatever you want now, but I think it's clear you were wrong about that

Reaction Score
Yeah, see tons of salty Creighton fans dogpiling on every tweet from UConnBSB, kinda pathetic really.

(Though speaking of pathetic, at yesterday's game, there were some utterly obnoxious hecklers from our side. At least it was directed at Seton Hall who obviously weren't playing great, but it was just relentless and pretty toxic. Really degrading and personally dragging down Seton Hall. With how close we were to the dugout, can't help but wonder if that played a role - one of the guys who was honestly the least vocal of them got kicked out, and seemed the rest were on the cusp of getting the boot. IMO They really should've. Imagine getting your kicks from going to College Baseball games as a 30-40 something and ruthlessly mocking and heckling, that's pretty pathetic if you ask me.)
They were probably a few of our alumni players after having a great morning on the golf course raising money for our dugout club. If you think they were bad, you should have heard our dugouts during the 2000’s and early 2010’s. We had some great “chirpers” back then and could totally take control of game. Coach Penders loves when our teams energy dictates the feel of a game.

Reaction Score
You can try to walk it back now, but you called this team a bunch of losers. Say whatever you want now, but I think it's clear you were wrong about that

It was not about the talent of the players. It was failing to make plays to go with the pitching and hitting. I hope this becomes a huge post-season, but beating the crap out of mediocre teams doesn’t show we can consistently do what we need to do to beat better teams. I assume they’ll have a chance to prove they can do better in two weeks. I hope they do.

Reaction Score

-> Player of the Week - Pat Winkel, UConn, So., C (Orange, Conn.)

Connecticut sophomore Pat Winkel led the league in the final week of play with a 1.385 slugging percentage as the Huskies claimed the regular season title helped by a 4-0 weekend against Seton Hall. The Huskies finished the regular season on a six-game winning streak. Winkel batted .538 (7-for-13), scored seven runs and plated nine. The Huskies outscored Seton Hall 48-11. Winkel’s RBI count was second in the BIG EAST last week behind teammate Reggie Crawford. He was also second in on-base percentage with .667. He hit three home runs over the weekend, walked four times and hit two doubles. Behind the plate, he was credited with 25 outs and assisted on one with no errors. <-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom