UConn v. Sacred Heart (Saturday 10/221 @ 4:05p @ XL Center on CollegeSportsLive.com) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Sacred Heart (Saturday 10/221 @ 4:05p @ XL Center on CollegeSportsLive.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’m really missing our PA announcer from years gone by. He could get the crowd juiced at team introductions and after goals, anybody know what’s going on in that regard?
Hope they put a few kids on the icebus this Friday night. I think 10 students might have been an overcount for the SH game. I remember freezing on January nights outdoors in Storrs. Forgive my get off my lawn moment….but, Come on kids, show up!

Reaction Score
I’m really missing our PA announcer from years gone by. He could get the crowd juiced at team introductions and after goals, anybody know what’s going on in that regard?
Hope they put a few kids on the icebus this Friday night. I think 10 students might have been an overcount for the SH game. I remember freezing on January nights outdoors in Storrs. Forgive my get off my lawn moment….but, Come on kids, show up!
No idea what happened to the PA guy. Loved him. New dude is all right but damn the old one was great

Reaction Score
Some thoughts.
Sacred heart seemed to play well after our third goal. Really took it to us in the last 10 minutes of the second period. But our response to start the third was something we may not have seen in years past vs SHU. Good to see.

The newcomers were very good. Strong additions by the coaching staff.

Evans was pretty invisible but we also only had one PP attempt compared to SHU’s five PP attempts. I’d expect him to find the back of the net next game.

Was it me or was Capone scratched? Don’t recall seeing him.

The goaltender was pretty good. His second goal he was shielded by an SHU forward and UConn player. Not much he could do about that.

Brass Bonanza was stepped on every time by the band. I’ll chalk that up to a mistake. They better not keep doing it.

Tuite was the PA guy. I hope the prior PA guy didn’t leave town or find some other gig since it’s been two years since the last home game.

I honestly didn’t realize the season started first week of October until a few days before the game. I’m thinking the crowd for the Friday game should be decent. Can’t wait.

Oh, and the electronic tix are a pain in the ass. I miss the good old booklet of tix.

Reaction Score
Some thoughts.
Sacred heart seemed to play well after our third goal. Really took it to us in the last 10 minutes of the second period. But our response to start the third was something we may not have seen in years past vs SHU. Good to see.

The newcomers were very good. Strong additions by the coaching staff.

Evans was pretty invisible but we also only had one PP attempt compared to SHU’s five PP attempts. I’d expect him to find the back of the net next game.

The goaltender was pretty good. His second goal he was shielded by an SHU forward and UConn player. Not much he could do about that.

Brass Bonanza was stepped on every time by the band. I’ll chalk that up to a mistake. They better not keep doing it.

Tuite was the PA guy. I hope the prior PA guy didn’t leave town or find some other gig since it’s been two years since the last home game.

I honestly didn’t realize the season started first week of October until a few days before the game. I’m thinking the crowd for the Friday game should be decent. Can’t wait.

Oh, and the electronic tix are a pain in the ass. I miss the good old booklet of tix.
I called the ticket office a few weeks ago to request printed tickets, and received them last week. Not in booklet form, but individual tix. Much easier to give away to others or (shhhh) resell. Plus my grandchildren get to keep mementos.

Reaction Score
Believe me or not but I go to school with Coach Cavanaugh's son and played hockey with him. Back in February he said that Capone got injured (I think it was an MCL tear?). I texted him during Saturday's game asking if he's still injured, he said yes. I believe I saw Capone on the concourse later in the game. I'm only guessing it was him because he appeared around 6'4" with a chubby face. He did not appear to be wearing any sort of medical gear on any part of his body, but he was wearing larger pants.

I highly doubt that Cav would just scratch Capone in the first game. He's an NHL prospect, I think we got drafted in the 6th round. He has to play his prospects if they're healthy, otherwise other players like Capone will not want to come to UConn.

Reaction Score
I called the ticket office a few weeks ago to request printed tickets, and received them last week. Not in booklet form, but individual tix. Much easier to give away to others or (shhhh) resell. Plus my grandchildren get to keep mementos.
Through the UConn website you're able to sell your tickets on stubhub

Reaction Score
Believe me or not but I go to school with Coach Cavanaugh's son and played hockey with him. Back in February he said that Capone got injured (I think it was an MCL tear?). I texted him during Saturday's game asking if he's still injured, he said yes. I believe I saw Capone on the concourse later in the game. I'm only guessing it was him because he appeared around 6'4" with a chubby face. He did not appear to be wearing any sort of medical gear on any part of his body, but he was wearing larger pants.

I highly doubt that Cav would just scratch Capone in the first game. He's an NHL prospect, I think we got drafted in the 6th round. He has to play his prospects if they're healthy, otherwise other players like Capone will not want to come to UConn.

This is from last Friday: -> Injury report - Sophomore forward Nick Capone will miss out with an upper body injury. “It’s not a serious injury but he’s not gonna play tomorrow,” Cavanaugh said. <-

Reaction Score
This is from last Friday: -> Injury report - Sophomore forward Nick Capone will miss out with an upper body injury. “It’s not a serious injury but he’s not gonna play tomorrow,” Cavanaugh said. <-
Ah okay got it. his son only said he was injured. Wasn't sure if it was related to last season or not

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Same. It was easy. They were very accommodating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom