UConn v. Sacred Heart (Saturday 10/221 @ 4:05p @ XL Center on CollegeSportsLive.com) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Sacred Heart (Saturday 10/221 @ 4:05p @ XL Center on CollegeSportsLive.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Ice Bus is back! What a game! Can someone please inform the students that there is in fact, a hockey team? There were like 10 people in the student section

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The Ice Bus is back! What a game! Can someone please inform the students that there is in fact, a hockey team? There were like 10 people in the student section
I know…that was kinda sad to see. They need to bus them in for games, like they do for football. It’ll be crazy at the new arena, however.

Reaction Score
I know…that was kinda sad to see. They need to bus them in for games, like they do for football. It’ll be crazy at the new arena, however.
might send a letter to the school to be honest. We NEED people at the BU game!!!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Great effort…big contributions by our 3 new grad players. Kondelik is still a monster. Vlad was everywhere…the defense looked real solid. Great effort overall. Penalty kill was miles above last year. Power play looked good as well

Reaction Score
I don’t agree with Dan Connelly that is was an ugly win. We finally beat SHU - in past years we would have lost it. For the first game I thought they played well. They are a much faster skating team.

Reaction Score
Finally beat Sacred heart, but I thought they outplayed Uconn right after Firstov banked one in off the goalies back. It's difficult to get any momentum when killing penalties in the second period. Winning most of the faceoffs was really nice to see. Cavanaugh better get them ready for BU, because they can't play as sluggish as they did today. A win is a win.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I don’t agree with Dan Connelly that is was an ugly win. We finally beat SHU - in past years we would have lost it. For the first game I thought they played well. They are a much faster skating team.
Definitely not an ugly win. That’s a real bad take.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Jonny was a bit of a no show today. But he can do that and all of a sudden go on a big run.

Reaction Score

-> Quote of note

“That’s been a tough game for us to find a way to win over the past few years.” — Cavanaugh on finally beating Sacred Heart. <-

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Oh, by the way….we won.

6A270664-6023-4FA2-B0E2-FD1347FFC0C9.jpeg

Reaction Score

For Kondelik not scoring for a very long time last season, it was great to see him score in the first game this year. Seems like we are going to get some very balanced point production which is the key to success in hockey

Reaction Score
XL Security is awful. I had both knees replaced several years ago, so I am ALWAYS "wanded" going through airport security. Yesterday I told the security attendant that I would set off the alarm because of my knees. I go through, set off the alarm and she says "OK" while waving me through, no wanding or pat down. I could have had a .44 Magnum strapped to me knee!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
XL Security is awful. I had both knees replaced several years ago, so I am ALWAYS "wanded" going through airport security. Yesterday I told the security attendant that I would set off the alarm because of my knees. I go through, set off the alarm and she says "OK" while waving me through, no wanding or pat down. I could have had a .44 Magnum strapped to me knee!
Same here…just one though. They took my word for it.

Reaction Score
They asked me if I had any bottles in my purse. If I did have them I wouldn’t tell them!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
They asked me if I had any bottles in my purse. If I did have them I wouldn’t tell them!
You have an honest face…we could probably sneak something good in next game! Lol.

Reaction Score
Just a personal opinion... Nothing against the Pep Band, but when we score, I want to hear Brass Bonanza.
Heavy cringe last game.
Clearly people that knew the deal graduated or something.
Didnt wait for brass bonanza to finish and didn’t do UCONN chant twice.
Needs some work for Friday and crowd/students better show up.

Reaction Score
Heavy cringe last game.
Clearly people that knew the deal graduated or something.
Didnt wait for brass bonanza to finish and didn’t do UCONN chant twice.
Needs some work for Friday and crowd/students better show up.
it went like:

Brass Bonanza plays a little bit..... faint drumroll "u.......o-n-n, UConn, U--"

awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline