UConn v. Boston University (Saturday, December 5 @ 2:30 @ Freitas on CollegeSportsLive stream) Update -> Canceled! | The Boneyard

UConn v. Boston University (Saturday, December 5 @ 2:30 @ Freitas on CollegeSportsLive stream) Update -> Canceled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Crazy two weekends in a row and would have been three if they did not quickly put together the Umass series once UVM cancelled.

Reaction Score
I am not sure how much longer this can go on. Last minute change in schedule to open the season. Next 2 weeks cancelled. At some point you might need to just say it can’t be done.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I am not sure how much longer this can go on. Last minute change in schedule to open the season. Next 2 weeks cancelled. At some point you might need to just say it can’t be done.

They're having trouble even pulling off the NCHC and they're bubbled in. It seems impossible. Not anyone's fault, just is what it is.

Reaction Score
They're having trouble even pulling off the NCHC and they're bubbled in. It seems impossible. Not anyone's fault, just is what it is.
Right. And it isn’t anyone’s fault. I’m just not certain it is workable because this is getting worse rather than better.

Reaction Score
Why stop playing entirely? Play the games unless you cant. If there are two teams on the schedule set to play and they are covid free play it. If a team drops and you can move the schedule around to play a game do it. Why just sit home?
Rough start but don't just give up yet

Reaction Score
It just becomes a bunch of pickup games at that point. We already have 2 games that are not conference games unless they are. Covid is getting worse not better. Maybe postpone the season until February And hope this thing gets under control. Then play 16-20 league games. Playoffs in April, one & done format. NCAA starts 2nd weekend of April at 1 site, and hope for the best.

Reaction Score
I guess I dont see it getting much better by February. Better maybe, but not much. I'd rather not just sit on our hands for two months if you have teams who are covid-free.
Now if the athletes wanted to bail that's fine

Reaction Score
Why stop playing entirely? Play the games unless you cant. If there are two teams on the schedule set to play and they are covid free play it. If a team drops and you can move the schedule around to play a game do it. Why just sit home?
Rough start but don't just give up yet

Eventually there’s going to be a tipping point where the constant cancellations and postponements end up rendering the season a useless farce, if things keep going the way they are.

As it is, we have three leagues in bubbles, and a fourth league with 4 teams playing and no semblance that a “conference schedule” will even be scheduled much less played. If there even is a tournament in the spring, it’ll be according to an ad hoc selection process because the way they currently use to rank teams requires cross pollination to create meaningful comparisons between conferences. There may be teams, even with the lowered qualification threshold, don’t play enough games to make the tournament (and unfortunately for my fandom interest, Clarkson, they very well might be one of them).

There’s no reason to panic and pull the plug now, but there’s reason to be concerned that playing college hockey may not work out this year, and reason absent that to be concerned the product we get is hastily assembled, ad hoc and not very enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom