UConn v. Boston University (Friday 2/21 @ 7:05 @ XL & Saturday 2/22 @ Agannis Arena @ 7p on NESN) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Boston University (Friday 2/21 @ 7:05 @ XL & Saturday 2/22 @ Agannis Arena @ 7p on NESN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I think in a way BU was demoralized because it was UConn, a program the view as somewhat beneath them. to lose as they did last night when they pretty much had the game in the bag then have the Huskies come out fired up last night was just too much.

That's more a fanbase thing than a players thing. BU's goalie scenario is a tire fire.

Reaction Score
That's more a fanbase thing than a players thing. BU's goalie scenario is a tire fire.
This, plus poor coaching. Has nothing to do with player's perception of UConn. A bunch of BU players played with current and former UConn players in junior and minor leagues. They know UConn's roster has talent, not to mention a former BU captain behind the bench who turned down an opportunity to come back and coach here. There's no disrespect for UConn's rise in the league among players/coaches.

BU's goaltending this year has been a shitstorm, and our coach continues to go with Abel despite everyone in the league knowing he can't stop a puck more than 2 feet off the ground.

Reaction Score
I thought Abel was suppose to be a big upgrade when they brought him in mid year. I heard he was the next big thing

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I admit to having a wife who is a newspaper reporter (not at the Courant). When UConn joined Hockey East, the Courant started to cover their games. They pretty much stopped last year, and if I had to make a guess, it was due to budget cuts that required them to have less reporters on staff. Hard to cover games when you can't pay to have reporters to do it.
If they fired all the commies on the editorial staff they would have the money to cover hockey
Reading the paper this morning and 3/4 of it was pure nothing - in all sections
Have to laugh at the full page ad almost everyday says Journalism matters!!!!!
I hope your wife survives the vanishing newspaper trait that has been occurring the past 5 years or so

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Courant is caters to their subscribers. I know precious few people under 50 who read any newspaper other then the free weekly community periodical...at least in print form.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Crazy that Penn State and AZ State are ranked. That on top of QU making the NCAA finals twice shows that UConn should have its sights set on the highest levels of success.

Reaction Score
I thought Abel was suppose to be a big upgrade when they brought him in mid year. I heard he was the next big thing
Not at all. He's a band-aid solution for this gap year between Oettinger and next year's recruit. Problem is BU's normal goalie, who played Friday at XL, has performed decently well and this guy, who played Saturday, has been horrendous. Yet our coach still trots him out there.

Reaction Score
Not at all. He's a band-aid solution for this gap year between Oettinger and next year's recruit. Problem is BU's normal goalie, who played Friday at XL, has performed decently well and this guy, who played Saturday, has been horrendous. Yet our coach still trots him out there.
Ok. Take your word for it. I had heard that they were not satisfied with Quinn(?) who gradvtransferred from Yale and brought this kid who had put together a solid resume something like 15 game winning streak. Cameva semester ahead of schedule. Just different perspectives I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom