UConn v. #16 Boston College (Friday 11/12/21 @ 7p @ XL Center). Game on CW20/CollegeSportsLive). | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #16 Boston College (Friday 11/12/21 @ 7p @ XL Center). Game on CW20/CollegeSportsLive).

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
View from the seats was that the better team won. Bradley impressed me. Kid is good. Fast, skilled and he hits people. We were lousy getting out of our end and BC was terrific at it. We couldn’t get any kind of forecheck going all night. I thought our first line was outplayed all night. Evans was mostly invisible.

UConn needs to tighten some things up. Lots of sloppy passes, bad clearance attempts and not a lot of checking. But it’s exciting that a UConn hockey team can play so-so and nearly beat BC.

Reaction Score
I’m not big on moral victories. That was fine in our early days. Now it isn’t. Hanson almost stole one, but we looked absolutely terrible. Slow to the puck, you are right our first line got completely out played from the first minute to the last. Tvorburg was the only guy out there who played hard but 2 on 6 usually doesn’t work too well. BC’s’ first goal they seemed like they kept the puck in our end for 5 minutes. Very frustrating watching guys make half hearted efforts to clear it. All in all I thought it was an extremely disappointing performance.

Reaction Score
Final attendance was announced something like 5.5k

That was by far - and I’m not exaggerating in any fashion - the sloppiest game we have played all year. Our play in our defensive end? Horrific. The countless giveaways in our end, the passes that weren’t tape to tape, the odd man advantages where we were seemingly always a half second behind.
It was amazing we lost by 1. And that is in part a testament to Hanson, who in my opinion is the best goalie in the league. Although to be fair I’ve only seen four or five goalies.
I couldn't agree more. It also seemed the puck was bouncing, and rolling all over the place. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom