UConn v. #10 Boston University (Fri. 10/8/21 @XL Center@7p & Sat. 10/8/21 @Agganis Arena@7p)>Games are being streamed on CollegeSportsLive | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #10 Boston University (Fri. 10/8/21 @XL Center@7p & Sat. 10/8/21 @Agganis Arena@7p)>Games are being streamed on CollegeSportsLive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Hate to say it, but Evans was a no show again tonight. He needs to pick it up. Firstov is a stud. If we have him and Jonny going at the same time, we will be tough to beat.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Attendance was 3084…kind of disappointing. This team deserves better. The students were a no show once again. Can’t blame them. UConn should bus them in, like they do for football. Eventually when the on campus arena is built, the students will own these games.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BU's keeper won this game. UConn had the better chances.

Reaction Score
BU's keeper won this game. UConn had the better chances.
We must have been watching different games. BU control the play for 90% of the game and put 45 shots on net: if not for UConn’s goalie making some huge saves it could have been 5-1. BU was by far the better team and carried the play.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Attendance was 3084…kind of disappointing. This team deserves better. The students were a no show once again.
I was there. Were you?

Reactions: DCT

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I was there. Were you?
Yes, I was…along with my wife, my daughter and her boyfriend. Any reason why you thought I wasn’t? I go to every home game. I have since the first Hockey East game and quite a few before that. I go back to the crappy outdoor rink.

Last edited:
Reactions: DCT
Reaction Score
I love hard hitting hockey. But when you have referees thinking every good hit might be a penalty it takes away from the sport.
Which leads us to Boston University’s power play with a few minutes to go that decided the game.
Never mind the fact that when we hit the guy he was turning and it was pretty close to a side hit and not really a boarding as we all know what a real boarding penalty should be.
And never mind that even though the player laying on the ice for a good four minutes while the refs were deciding between a 2 or 5 minute penalty shockingly skated off with no assistance and was back on the ice two minutes later acting like Jesse Owens on skates.
Complete horse crap and Let’s hope someone lines him up tomorrow for his great acting gig.

Reaction Score
And let’s go back to putting Evans on the line he was on last year. He’s been a complete zero so far after two games. You’d never know he was on the team.

Reaction Score
I love hard hitting hockey. But when you have referees thinking every good hit might be a penalty it takes away from the sport.
Which leads us to Boston University’s power play with a few minutes to go that decided the game.
Never mind the fact that when we hit the guy he was turning and it was pretty close to a side hit and not really a boarding as we all know what a real boarding penalty should be.
And never mind that even though the player laying on the ice for a good four minutes while the refs were deciding between a 2 or 5 minute penalty shockingly skated off with no assistance and was back on the ice two minutes later acting like Jesse Owens on skates.
Complete horse crap and Let’s hope someone lines him up tomorrow for his great acting gig.
I just hope UConn shows up at BU and plays with a little more energy. They spent way to much time in their own zone because they struggled to break the puck out of their own zone. BU on the other hand we’re able to break the puck out of their zone with relative ease except for the 1 shift in the 2nd period where Capone’s line had a good cycle going.

Reaction Score
Turnbull's hit was a close call. He was frustrated. A tough start to the season for him, but he has heart and will be back.

The whole team needs better conditioning, however. We get to the 10 minute mark in the 3rd period and we seem to hit a wall. SOG were starting to even up at that point and then the conditioning meltdown set in. Even against SH it was apparent.

BU is a talented, we'll coached team and they also skated hard through the final buzzer. They were is better shape.

Message to Cavanaugh - get the boys in shape!

(BTW, Hanson is the real deal and he improved since the SH game.)

Reaction Score
Attendance was 3084…kind of disappointing. This team deserves better. The students were a no show once again. Can’t blame them. UConn should bus them in, like they do for football. Eventually when the on campus arena is built, the students will own these games.
We're gonna have attendance until this team makes a name for itself. The only fans coming this time of year really are diehards and a few extras. Yeah we'll have one or two games with 6k+, but we need that 2014-15 energy back!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We're gonna have attendance until this team makes a name for itself. The only fans coming this time of year really are diehards and a few extras.
That's where I was going, even the diehards I spoke to were saying that the season came early this year.

Reaction Score
The only reason that penalty was reviewed for 2 or 5 was to see where the primary point of contact on the hit was - if it's the head, the rulebook is crystal clear it's an automatic 5. It was not, he made contact with the shoulder so it's a 2. While a couple of the first period PPs BU got were questionable, this one was not. That was textbook boarding. Not to mention a senior should never put himself in the position to get called for that 200 feet from his own net.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Anybody know how to watch the game tonight? I know it says collegesportslive but when i tried to use that last year it didn't work me. If anybody knows that would be awesome

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Anybody know how to watch the game tonight? I know it says collegesportslive but when i tried to use that last year it didn't work me. If anybody knows that would be awesome
That’s where you would watch the game. There is no where else to stream it. Here’s the link. Hope it works for you.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Well, let’s hope this goes better than today’s football game.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
That’s where you would watch the game. There is no where else to stream it. Here’s the link. Hope it works for you.

thanks. do you happen know if that works outside of New England? I live in fairfield county and I know I've been told out of market or blacked out before. Ill try it out though!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
thanks. do you happen know if that works outside of New England? I live in fairfield county and I know I've been told out of market or blacked out before. Ill try it out though!
It should work everywhere. Let me know how you make out.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads