UConn @ UCF (11/20/2021) on BOT Agenda | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ UCF (11/20/2021) on BOT Agenda

Reaction Score
I want to clap for the Game being in November. If you are paying attention ... solid games in November are the problem UMASS & BYU have.

Reaction Score
I want to clap for the Game being in November. If you are paying attention ... solid games in November are the problem UMASS & BYU have.
And they're southern games at that. Florida kids aren't signing up to play no name teams in East Hartford when its 30 degrees out. I'd like to see an annual November game vs UMass, but other than that, November should be reserved for bye weeks and trips south.

Reaction Score
back to back road trips at Clemson and at UCF is pretty rough (glad they got it scheduled, but a tough turn around back-to-back on the road)

Reaction Score
Plus, one buy road game per year is likely a necessity as an independent, but two such games almost ensures that you are only playing 5 home games. That is a problem if we want this independent experiment to work.
It's probably the reality in the short term. We've got a serious budget shortfall, we've got a lot of games to fill, and it's not like there are 40,000 people out there screaming for that 6th home game.

Reaction Score
I can't see any line of thinking that doesn't have me chuckling at us getting paid $1,000,000 to play at UCF. Frankly, it is hilarious that we will will make that given the AAC contract. It is becoming very obvious that the return to the Big East was a brilliant move financially. That can translate into success on the field if the funds are allocated properly. AD Dave believes he made a great play here and I tend to agree.

Reaction Score
Clemson is one thing. Being the buy game for UCF feels gross. Like sleeping on your buddy's couch after being evicted from your apartment. Are there any schools that play buy games as the road opponent who are not bottom feeders in FBS?

Have you been paying attention - UConn football is a bottom feedets in FBS.

Unfortunate, but true.

Reaction Score
I'm not unhappy about this. Gives us a solid team on the schedule which I hope leads to a possible annual game

Reaction Score
Clemson is one thing. Being the buy game for UCF feels gross. Like sleeping on your buddy's couch after being evicted from your apartment. Are there any schools that play buy games as the road opponent who are not bottom feeders in FBS?
It's a decent game and we're getting $$. Nothing wrong with that.

Reaction Score
I can't see any line of thinking that doesn't have me chuckling at us getting paid $1,000,000 to play at UCF. Frankly, it is hilarious that we will will make that given the AAC contract. It is becoming very obvious that the return to the Big East was a brilliant move financially. That can translate into success on the field if the funds are allocated properly. AD Dave believes he made a great play here and I tend to agree.

I agree wholeheartedly and it's even funny when if you think about it UCF had an open date on their schedule that was more then likely caused by our departure from the AAC, and to fill it they have to pay us $1 million. Chances are we are going to see other AAC teams in a similar boat that we will be playing in the near term. At this point we literally have 4 games scheduled next year. Temple, Tulane, Cincy, USF, Navy, Houston, and East Carolina all have open spots on their schedules. Just saying - maybe we can get paid for some of them too. LOL:cool:

Reaction Score
I agree wholeheartedly and it's even funny when if you think about it UCF had an open date on their schedule that was more then likely caused by our departure from the AAC, and to fill it they have to pay us $1 million. ... Temple, Tulane, Cincy, USF, Navy, Houston, and East Carolina all have open spots on their schedules.
Alternatively, AAC schools may just add 1 in-conference game against other AAC schools each season. For UCF, what’s the likelihood they simply filled a required 2021 spot entirely unrelated to UConn going independent? Either way, $1m from UCF + a convenient game for FL and SE players’ families, for FL alumni and fans, AND for recruiting is a positive for UConn.

Reaction Score
This is correct. The AAC will still play 8 games.. no new open schedule dates were created by UConn's departure. UConn filled an existing gap on UCF's schedule

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was insane when some whined about the Notre Dame 10 game series being tilted toward them.
Wish we got a Muligan on that. You have to wonder if it would have made the difference for the last seat on the ACC lifeboat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom