UConn Trustees OK Plan To Replace Gampel Pavilion Court | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Trustees OK Plan To Replace Gampel Pavilion Court

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
A modern floor design scares me. They might look different and cool at first, but more often than not I fell them become eyesores. I hope they change course and stick to a more traditional court it will stand the test of time unlike Oregon, UCF, Memphis, etc.

Reaction Score
A modern floor design scares me. They might look different and cool at first, but more often than not I fell them become eyesores. I hope they change course and stick to a more traditional court it will stand the test of time unlike Oregon, UCF, Memphis, etc.
UConn, like Duke, Carolina and a few others, is on a different plane and doesn't need gimmicks. I'll be very surprised if we do something tacky. Historic programs need to maintain a more traditional look. Our fanbase, and the average Yankee in general, would not like a court like Memphis or Oregon have.

I forgot the floor was being replaced and was actually admiring it during the Creighton game. It looks really good right now and I love the oversized Husky logo at half court.

Reaction Score
Id love a stained wood court with a massive husky in the middle and a simple blue line for the three and paint area. It should say Jim Calhoun on the court and the endlines should say Connecticut in our Blue, white and touch of red. A simple yet timeless and elegant court.

Reaction Score
Id love a stained wood court with a massive husky in the middle and a simple blue line for the three and paint area. It should say Jim Calhoun on the court and the endlines should say Connecticut in our Blue, white and touch of red. A simple yet timeless and elegant court.
Won’t ever see Jim’s name without Geno’s

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Won’t ever see Jim’s name without Geno’s
I’ve been saying this for a while, but I’d like to see the court named “Hall of Fame Court”, put Calhoun and Auriemma’s name on the end lines and Ray Allen, Rebecca Lobo, and Swin Cash’s names on the sidelines.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I’ve been saying this for a while, but I’d like to see the court named “Hall of Fame Court”, put Calhoun and Auriemma’s name on the end lines and Ray Allen, Rebecca Lobo, and Swin Cash’s names on the sidelines.
“It’s Pandemonium at the Pavilion, on Legends Court!”

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It should be named Coaches' Court and have JC's signature on one side, Geno's on the other. Both signatures ~4' x 18'.

Reaction Score
there’s only 2 legitimate court installers. Hope they are using them and not someone local. Also hope they got a quote that’s still good and that’s what the budget was approved for instead of having the budget approved then shopping around because now every installer knows the budget

CL82

Reaction Score
It should be named Coaches' Court and have JC's signature on one side, Geno's on the other. Both signatures ~4' x 18'.
Yep agree on the signatures. I have no problem with extending it to everyone in the Hall of Fame from Connecticut though.

Reaction Score
Leave room for more names.

Reaction Score
New court needs to be named after Geno and Jim.
Not to be depressing but Jim & Geno aren’t getting younger. We need to give them EVERY flower that they deserve while they’re still able to receive them.

100% down giving them endless tributes with the new floor

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I’m prepared to pay an unreasonable amount of money for the 4 national championship section of the floor. It’s nothing Mrs. 82 needs to know about, however.

I've always felt UConn has done a poor job promoting/advertising the fact we have 4 national titles. To my knowledge there isn't a single piece of merchandise that's ever been available for purchase that has all 4 title seasons on it. After 2011's run there were a few pieces of Nike gear with 99, 04, and 11, but nothing after 14.

Even on the court, from the tv viewing perspective the men's titles/graphic is barely visible.

Just feels like to the larger national audience were don't flaunt our success as much as we should.

CL82

Reaction Score
I've always felt UConn has done a poor job promoting/advertising the fact we have 4 national titles. To my knowledge there isn't a single piece of merchandise that's ever been available for purchase that has all 4 title seasons on it. After 2011's run there were a few pieces of Nike gear with 99, 04, and 11, but nothing after 14.

Even on the court, from the tv viewing perspective the men's titles/graphic is barely visible.

Just feels like to the larger national audience were don't flaunt our success as much as we should.
There have been things out there over the years but I agree we could do better in our self promotion.

717602BD-264D-4DF2-A468-A5B940A09BE0.jpeg

4EBE06B5-0348-4BD0-9475-C8D67A900E22.jpeg

I’m pretty sure that the second one isn’t licensed.

Reaction Score

I love the fact they take a low key approach to this. There will come a point in time where we can reflect, but now is not that time. Let the focus be on going after 5, 6, 7 and 8! We did not peak at 4!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom