UConn - Tennessee TV Marathon Tomorrow (1/21) on ESPNU | The Boneyard

UConn - Tennessee TV Marathon Tomorrow (1/21) on ESPNU

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I just happened to notice that ESPNU will be running replays of five previous UConn - Tennessee games from 9 AM to 7 PM tomorrow, leading up to the current game at 7 PM. One of the games is the one from last year, but the others include the original January, 1995 game and several games from the Taurasi era.

In case you are interested ...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I just happened to notice that ESPNU will be running replays of five previous UConn - Tennessee games from 9 AM to 7 PM tomorrow, leading up to the current game at 7 PM. One of the games is the one from last year, but the others include the original January, 1995 game and several games from the Taurasi era.

I see 6 games starting from 7AM to 7PM.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Speaking of TN does anyone know the status of Margo. Is she still actively supporting the Lady Vols? I always enjoyed her passion an optimism for her team.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Coco

I took a quick look around and could't find anything.
I loved her vids too...

Reaction Score
I’ve already got started on my UConn vs Tennessee marathon thanks to UConn husky games.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Lots of good games on there:
1995 Tennessee @ UCONN
1996 Final Four
2000 Tennessee @ UCONN
2001 UCONN @ Tennessee
2004 UCONN @ Tennessee
2020 Tennessee @ UCONN

Surprised they're including the 2004 regular season game over either of the 2003 games. IIRC, the 2004 regular season game was somewhat of a snoozer while both of the 2003 games were pretty epic.

Very glad they're airing the 2001 UCONN @ Tennessee game. It's my favorite of the whole rivalry--both teams played extremely well and it was hyper competitive, high scoring and had a number of standout performances, including DT's coming out party.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I won't give ESPN the pleasure of watching them. If I want to watch the games, I'll just go to the Boneyard and watch them WITHOUT the commercials and the other stuff that ESPN will advertise. I guess during tomorrows game they will advertise the the UConn vs Arkansas game, instead of actually calling the current game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I won't give ESPN the pleasure of watching them. If I want to watch the games, I'll just go to the Boneyard and watch them WITHOUT the commercials and the other stuff that ESPN will advertise. I guess during tomorrows game they will advertise the the UConn vs Arkansas game, instead of actually calling the current game.

Ok but the ESPNU broadcasts have some extra material. The 2020 game for example had the halftime discussion between Sue Bird and Tamika Catchings

Reaction Score

2001 at Tennessee, tie game, 7:28 to play. Shea, Sveta, Sue, Swin, Tamika, Di, Ajia; Lawson, Clements, Randall, Robinson, Snow, mcDivitt, Jackson. Wow! This was the game where Sveta injured her foot, ending her season.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I don't buy into teams being inherently tougher or not. That is all based on what the refs will let you get away with and if being physical is an optimal strategy (eg maybe a team's personnel is designed to play on the wings and shoot more 3's)

DALTX

I don't have a hobby, I watch UConn
Reaction Score
Who were all the assistant coaches for UConn in 1994-1996? CD obviously, looks like Tonya Cardoza, anyone else?

Reaction Score
Watching the 1996 final four now. Before there was someone called Maya there was Nykesha Sales. Before there was a Diana there was a Rizzotti...

I almost forgot how good those two were.

DALTX

I don't have a hobby, I watch UConn
Reaction Score
Found it: Charlene Curtis

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Who were all the assistant coaches for UConn in 1994-1996? CD obviously, looks like Tonya Cardoza, anyone else?
Meghan was one of the AC on the 95 championship team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree. I watched the '96 FF and the whole starting 5 (C. Berube, Big Girl, Jennifer Rizzotti, Precious, and Jamelle) were tough as nails. I forgot how tough Berube was and, at 6 ft tall, was tied with Precious for the second tallest starter. I believe if they had another tough skilled big like AE (who I believe would have fit right in back in '96) they would have beaten TENN, especially after Big Girl fouled out with a little more than a minute to go. Obviously, Paige too would have been a nice addition back then. I believe these two freshman are ushering a new era in UCONN with the type of toughness we have not seen in years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom