UConn, still awaiting word on Tyler Polley, mapping out potential transfers, recruits for next year | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn, still awaiting word on Tyler Polley, mapping out potential transfers, recruits for next year

Reaction Score
My hopeful, but realistic outcomes.

1) Polley returns

2a) Kolek transfers in, takes a "redshirt" year (little promised PT, but still eligible and could play a bigger role if needed), OR
2b) a '22 reclass shooter, takes a "redshirt" year (little promised PT, but still eligible and could play a bigger role if needed.

21-22, just a depth chart, not married to these starting lineups

4: Whaley, Akok, Springs
3: Martin, Polley,
5: Sanogo, Johnson
2: Gaffney, Jackson/Hawkins, Kolek/'22 reclass
1: Cole, Diggins

22-23, just a depth chart, not married to these starting lineups.

4: Akok, Springs
3: Jackson, Floyd
2: Hawkins, Kolek/'22 shooter
1: Diggins, Gaffney
I’m sorry to go off topic but why do you list the positions 4 3 5 2 1?

Reaction Score
Onions! The daggers in his holster throughout his career!

and the first second of that clip Verne goes "Rashad Anderson the assassin"

followed by Raft "Agh unbelievable! You've got to know where he is in crunch time!"

Reaction Score

1) Polley returns

2a) Kolek transfers in, takes a "redshirt" year (little promised PT, but still eligible and could play a bigger role if needed), OR
2b) a '22 reclass shooter, takes a "redshirt" year (little promised PT, but still eligible and could play a bigger role if needed.

This is the guy I want..

I am not a big TJ fan at all as a coach. Best pure shooter out there is Jenkins Jr. If he is open to a big change to the east coast this is the guy. Not sure how his recruitment is going.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry to go off topic but why do you list the positions 4 3 5 2 1?
This is the guy I want..

I am not a big TJ fan at all as a coach. Best pure shooter out there is Jenkins Jr. If he is open to a big change to the east coast this is the guy. Not sure how his recruitment is going.
@Jbirdp5, my brain just thinks that way, shades of how NBA lineups used to look back in the 90s.

@BLUEDOGHOUSE, Jenkins would be awesome. I watched him a few times when he was back at SDSU and he's a straight baller. Definition of a three-level scorer and a closer.

Reaction Score
No comparison would be fair without
mentioning teammates
Anderson played on teams with multiple NBA first round draft picks.
(The talent at UConn 2003-4
2005-6 was beyond mind boggling) At least a dozen guys with NBA careers half first rounders.
plus incredible point guard play. both played in the NBA.
Much of the time Polley was the first or second priority in defending us.
Playing with pretty average PG’s
If either Price or Williams were on this years team it would have been a much better team.
For guys depending on a creator to find them that’s crucial. This is not a put down of Anderson who was great.
but an attempt at fair prospective.
Comparing players without consideration to teammates is out of context .

Reaction Score
No comparison would be fair without
mentioning teammates
Anderson played on teams with multiple NBA first round draft picks.
(The talent at UConn 2003-4
2005-6 was beyond mind boggling) At least a dozen guys with NBA careers half first rounders.
plus incredible point guard play. both played in the NBA.
Much of the time Polley was the first or second priority in defending us.
Playing with pretty average PG’s
If either Price or Williams were on this years team it would have been a much better team.
For guys depending on a creator to find them that’s crucial. This is not a put down of Anderson who was great.
but an attempt at fair prospective.
Comparing players without consideration to teammates is out of context .
This reminds me a little bit of how Don Nelson of the Celtics, benefited from playing with an excellent supporting cast. He had creator guards and others who scored. Thus he could get to his spot and make his shot. He was not a primary or secondary option for the defense of the opposing team.

Reaction Score
@Jbirdp5, my brain just thinks that way, shades of how NBA lineups used to look back in the 90s.

@BLUEDOGHOUSE, Jenkins would be awesome. I watched him a few times when he was back at SDSU and he's a straight baller. Definition of a three-level scorer and a closer.
I read he had a falling out with TJ. O. So he will not be going to ISU. I think change of scenery might really work for him. For some reason I think Hurley and this kid would work. I haven't read much about his recruitment but I have followed him closely throughout his career. I think he is the best pure shooter in the portal.

If I had to guess Washington or Gonzaga? Some east coast love might work though.

Reaction Score
Hurley has recruited transfers out of desperation and necessity. At UConn I don’t expect many rj coles and Tyrese martins. I could be wrong. But we all could be

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There's no way we're getting Kolek if our head coach hasn't even bothered to call him.

I think it is highly unlikely because he probably wants more minutes than he’d get here. But, evidently we did call him.

Reaction Score
I think it is highly unlikely because he probably wants more minutes than he’d get here. But, evidently we did call him.

If the head coach has not called him it’s obvious we are not very interested.

Reaction Score
And where was that reported?
They're making a distinction between "UConn contacted" (which did happen) and "Hurley contacted" (which didn't happen, it was an assistant).

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Hurley has recruited transfers out of desperation and necessity. At UConn I don’t expect many rj coles and Tyrese martins. I could be wrong. But we all could be
I think Danny knows he needs to beef up shooting/scoring with Bouk going NBA

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Is that really true? I know thats what he says but 40% of our starting lineup this year were transfers. Feels a bit disingenuous to me. We have three ships to fill. There is no problem at all filling a few of them with transfers, especially 5th years.
Hurley is stating long term he'd like to develop the program from the ground up. First 5 years transfers will be necessary to be competitive. He's not being disingenuous.

Reaction Score

1) Polley returns

I don't think Floyd will be playing much 3. Now back to Tyler - I don't see any downside to him coming back. He's probably our best shot at another shooter. He knows the system and is aware that if his shot is falling he probably won't see much time. RJ shot 44% on 3s over the final 10 games. I expect him to be over 38%. again next year. If Diggings can play meaningful minutes later in the season that will help free Cole up. Hawkins has a great opportunity to see a lot of minutes if he can defend without fouling. Isaiah shot 35% from deep. Let's hope he can shoot that % on more attempts. So as you can see I'm always optimistic during the off season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom