Women - UConn Softball 2023 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Women UConn Softball 2023

Reaction Score
I'm at the game right now. Not Valentino's finest game from a coaching standpoint:
1) Left Kinney in way too long and at the very least long enough to give up the grand slam. She was getting knocked around pre-grand slam. Then waits until a 2-0 count (?) to finally take her out.
2) 2 out nobody on and she chooses to intentionally walk Smith with the meat of the order to follow and they add a run. Just pitch to Smith and go after her, and see what happens. You're down a run not up a run. It makes zero sense to put a runner on like that.
3) Down 6-4 runner at first they attempt a bunt. I mean come on. You're down 2, not 1.
4) Various odd substitutions that appear to be made on the fly.

Let's see if they can come back in the 7th. Oddly coached game.

Reaction Score
Athletic Department/Campus staff gonna be spread a bit thin @ 6p with both games going.

Reaction Score
I'm at the game right now. Not Valentino's finest game from a coaching standpoint:
1) Left Kinney in way too long and at the very least long enough to give up the grand slam. She was getting knocked around pre-grand slam. Then waits until a 2-0 count (?) to finally take her out.
2) 2 out nobody on and she chooses to intentionally walk Smith with the meat of the order to follow and they add a run. Just pitch to Smith and go after her, and see what happens. You're down a run not up a run. It makes zero sense to put a runner on like that.
3) Down 6-4 runner at first they attempt a bunt. I mean come on. You're down 2, not 1.
4) Various odd substitutions that appear to be made on the fly.

Let's see if they can come back in the 7th. Oddly coached game.
Need to win 3 in a row to get the bid. You really learn to appreciate Penders in a big way after you see a game like that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Pitcher grooved a 3-2 change up with bases loaded.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom