UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker | Page 32 | The Boneyard

UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
And we want a detailed report by the end of the day. ;)
Hopefully there will be a UConn game later that day to keep the BY busy. But, in any case, I will see how close I can get to the Megatron action, to zoom with iPhone camera. Assuming they let in the general public - calling the school in the morning for the scoop.

Reaction Score
Ossining will probably need all of those 24 points to win the game. Imagine winning the championship and scoring 1000 career points in the same game.
That is 1,000 points for THE SEASON, not a career. WOW!!!

Reaction Score
And we want a detailed report by the end of the day. ;)
Well, you won't be getting a report or Megan pics from me. The local high school hosting the slam dunk and 3-point shooting event is not allowing the general public in. Their own students will fill the stands and there won't be any more room. The fact that CBS is filming it for airing later (on the 2nd) may have something to do with it too.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Mikayla Coombs and Megan Walker:

C78jIPZVAAA5aNu.jpg

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Now Micayla Coombs (5'10") is a combo-guard / an off-guard and Megan Walker (6'1") is a wing guard / forward....yet, they appear to be very close to each other in size... Is this correct?

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Now Micayla Coombs is a guard and Megan Walker is a swing guard / forward....yet, they appear to be very close to each other in size... Is this correct?
It looks that way in the pic, but Mikayla is reportedly 5'10" at most and Meg is at least 6'0".

I'll be at the Jordan Brand game and take my Hartley Meter.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Anyone here want to bet against this recruit getting some playing time next year?

After watching the McD AA game earlier today I would have to say that Ms Coombs has no intention of "waiting her turn" to play next year. She was just about the only one on the court playing hard on defense and sharing the ball. She's not yet on campus, but she's already figured it out.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I can't recall the exact quote from Kalana Greene, but I think she said that the team gave up points begrudgingly. Their goal was to totally shut down the opposition. I think that was the team with the NCAA record for fewest points per game and/or lowest field goal percentage given up. Some of the teams in the BE tourney struggled to get to 40.

Mikayla Coombs seems to be a player with a similar mindset. In addition, her athleticism, size, and skills are something like those of Kalana. I agree that she will be relatively ready for a freshman. She's a bit UTR but very solid.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That's a big part of Meg's game: jumpers from 8' to 16'. She's already excellent at that. She has the handle, height, and elevation to get that shot almost at will. And the accuracy to hit it regularly.

Reaction Score
I can't recall the exact quote from Kalana Greene, but I think she said that the team gave up points begrudgingly. Their goal was to totally shut down the opposition. I think that was the team with the NCAA record for fewest points per game and/or lowest field goal percentage given up. Some of the teams in the BE tourney struggled to get to 40.

Mikayla Coombs seems to be a player with a similar mindset. In addition, her athleticism, size, and skills are something like those of Kalana. I agree that she will be relatively ready for a freshman. She's a bit UTR but very solid.

Next year's team is going to be far tougher defensively with the addition of Steven's length and Camara, Coombs and Walker coming off the bench........they will be able to utilize the press when ever they want to..........should be totally devastating..................

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Next year's team is going to be far tougher defensively with the addition of Steven's length and Camara, Coombs and Walker coming off the bench...they will be able to utilize the press when ever they want to.....should be totally devastating...
I just verified that my memory hasn't failed me completely:

NCAA Division I Women's Records:

Fewest point per game allowed: 46.2, UConn 2010

Lowest shooting percentage allowed: 30.0%, UConn 2010

That team included Maya, Tina, Kalana, Caroline, Tiffany, Kelly, and Lorin. In the Big East tourney, we gave up 41 to Syracuse, 44 to Notre Dame, and 32 to West Virginia. That's 39 ppg. Outstanding!

Reaction Score
It's the second half and the game is close........what time is it?........ ........................it's Walker time!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom