UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker | Page 20 | The Boneyard

UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker

HGN

Reaction Score
Megan Walker made USA Today's midseason POY candidate list. Also making the list is Sam Brunelle. Of possible note, Brunelle was congratulated by Lexi Gordon's mom on Twitter. Sam thanked "Mrs. Gordon."

Midseason ALL-USA Girls Basketball Player of the Year candidates
Sluconn , do you think the ever-recruiting Gordon is already working on bringing Brunelle (by the congratulatory note from her Mom) to UConn? Along with a future NC ? :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sluconn , do you think the ever-recruiting Gordon is already working on bringing Brunelle (by the congratulatory note from her Mom) to UConn? Along with a future NC ? :)

Wouldn't shock me. I thought it was odd that her mom would converse with Brunelle on social media despite no apparent links between Sam and Lexi (different states, AAU teams etc).

Today her mom re-tweeted that AAC video about playing for Geno. She sent it to all of next year's class including Lexi, to Charli Collier, and to-----Christyn Williams.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wouldn't shock me. I thought it was odd that her mom would converse with Brunelle on social media despite no apparent links between Sam and Lexi (different states, AAU teams etc).

Today her mom re-tweeted that AAC video about playing for Geno. She sent it to all of next year's class including Lexi, to Charli Collier, and to-----Christyn Williams.
Mrs Gordon may have to register as an official UConn Husky Booster. :)

HGN

Reaction Score

Like I said..........The ever-recruiting Lexi. :) If this is any indication , she is going to be a joy to have on the team as a player. And a joy to have as a Husky when new recruits are cycling thru during recruiting periods.

Keep up the good work Lexi.

GO HUSKIES !!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/3

Mikayla Coombs had 12 points and 6 assists in Wesleyan's last regular season game Friday.

Reaction Score
Megan Walker reminds me of a slightly larger version of Maya Moore: they move alike, they both have the pull up jump shot and play defense like they mean it. What could possibly go wrong?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lexi Gordon scored 23 points Friday (2/3) in what I believe was LD Bell's last regular season game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/4

Andra Espinoza-Hunter had to be carried off the court today after injuring her ankle. No word yet on the extent of it. She had 21 points in the 3rd before leaving.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
2/4

Andra Espinoza-Hunter had to be carried off the court today after injuring her ankle. No word yet on the extent of it. She had 21 points in the 3rd before leaving.
Ouch! Heal quickly, Andi!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Megan Walker reminds me of a slightly larger version of Maya Moore: they move alike, they both have the pull up jump shot and play defense like they mean it. What could possibly go wrong?
There has been a lot of discussion about how good Meg is and whom she resembles. She is very, very good. As the #1 recruit, she is roughly as talented and effective as players like Maya, Kaleena, and Lou. I think she resembles Maya in some ways, though not others. Meg has a very good handle, and her midrange jumper when dribbling LEFT is money. Maya is arguably the best player in the world. In 6-8 years, Meg could be a top-5 player. She should be one of the best in college during her time in Storrs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She is going to have to start playing better than that. Thirty one Points? Ten rebounds? That just won't cut it.
Monacan beat Hugenot tonight. When they played 3 weeks ago, Monacan won by 60. My guess is that Meg played only 20 minutes tonight.

She's leading her region in rebounding and steals, is second in scoring, and is third in blocks. She's shooting 43% from the floor, 32% from the arc, and 83% from the line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom