UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker | Page 18 | The Boneyard

UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lexi's release on her jump shot looks a lot like KLS's release
It sure does. The other thing I notice about Lexi's game is the constant movement. In the UCONN offense where she will be getting better screens that kind of constant movement could make her a monster.

JS

Reaction Score
Always wary of freak injuries to the recruits . . .

C2zdVGMUsAA-arJ.jpg

Here, for instance, we have a guy in white
long johns kicking Lexie in the leg.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Always wary of freak injuries to the recruits . . .
Here, for instance, we have a guy in white long johns kicking Lexie in the leg.
Somebody needs to break "that guy's" other leg!

Reaction Score
Clover Hill finished with only 20 points. They had 7 at the half.

My bad joke aside, I feel bad for those young ladies. I don't believe in mercy rule, but if there was ever a time for one...,this was it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
My bad joke aside, I feel bad for those young ladies. I don't believe in mercy rule, but if there was ever a time for one...,this was it.
It happens so often in HS competition - one wishes they could figure out some way to reorganize state leagues by sport so that those that excel face like competition. No one wins with the current system because the loser has no chance and the winner doesn't even get the quality work out of a practice.
We complain about D1, but the conferences are generally pretty similar and the OOC is school choices.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It happens so often in HS competition - one wishes they could figure out some way to reorganize state leagues by sport so that those that excel face like competition. No one wins with the current system because the loser has no chance and the winner doesn't even get the quality work out of a practice.
We complain about D1, but the conferences are generally pretty similar and the OOC is school choices.
I used to live in Chesterfield, VA, home to Monacan HS & Megan Walker. Monacan is a public HS of comparable size to Clover Hill HS. The 2 schools are about 15 miles apart and they play in the same league. Clover Hill can compete well with Monacan in just about every sport with the exception of girls bball. Sounds just like a college WBB program I know.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/24

Megan Walker scored 31 points and hit 4 threes Tuesday (1/24).

Mikayla Coombs had 12 points, 5 assists, and 7 steals.

Both Monacan and Wesleyan won handily.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I used to live in Chesterfield, VA, home to Monacan HS & Megan Walker. Monacan is a public HS of comparable size to Clover Hill HS. The 2 schools are about 15 miles apart and they play in the same league. Clover Hill can compete well with Monacan in just about every sport with the exception of girls bball. Sounds just like a college WBB program I know.
Monacan has possibly the best player in the history of Virginia and is the favorite to win the state title again. They return to normal next year, when Meg is the understudy to Lou and Gabby.

Reaction Score
Megan Walker made USA Today's midseason POY candidate list. Also making the list is Sam Brunelle. Of possible note, Brunelle was congratulated by Lexi Gordon's mom on Twitter. Sam thanked "Mrs. Gordon."

Midseason ALL-USA Girls Basketball Player of the Year candidates

I've noticed over the past 2 years that Mrs Gordon frequently communicates with many of the better players out there that she has met in her travels with Lexi.........like mother like daughter................

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/27

Mikayla Coombs had 26 points, 12 rebounds, and 4 assists Friday night but Wesleyan lost a close one.

Lexi Gordon scored 27 points to help LD Bell to a 1-point win.

Megan Walker did not play in Monacan's win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom