UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I took a peek at their schedules.
Highlights

Olivia: her team is in the Myrtle Beach tourney Dec. 19-22. That is a high quality event.
I wonder if they play all 4 days? Hope Olivia's minutes are monitored.

January 13-15....Music City Classic in Nashville.
I wonder if one of the staff will make it to one of these games.

Christyn: Dec. 27...Dragon Fire tourney....can't tell if this might just be a one day event....have no idea of the quality
of the tournament.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It's nice to see ONO back on the court. I hope she has a senior year that will be remembered for a long time.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Actually, it's a memorable freshman year I hope will be remembered for a long time. :p

A memorable senior year means she plays the entire year (injury free) , and uses it as a stepping stone towards her freshman year.

Reaction Score
I don't usually post on the women's board, but someone emailed me Christyn Williams mixtape, and I had to send a quick thought.

She is James Harden, basically. Moves with such poise and purpose, the deft lefty control, always on balance.

I know we typically get the very best talent, but I've never seen a move impressive women's highlights. Crazy.

Reaction Score

Williams will have to tone down her game some once she gets to Uconn. Not sure she will be allowed to get a bunch of ISO sets, and go 1 on 3 like she does in this highlight video, nevertheless I think she’ll be a future NPY and 3/4 time All American.

Reaction Score
Williams will have to tone down her game some once she gets to Uconn. Not sure she will be allowed to get a bunch of ISO sets, and go 1 on 3 like she does in this highlight video, nevertheless I think she’ll be a future NPY and 3/4 time All American.
You mean become apart of the system like every great player before her has? I’m sure Maya and DT had many ISO sets durning high school.
Hey not being rude but is your real identity Capt obvious?

Reaction Score
Virtually all the UConn recruits were the best players on their HS teams. Thus, they typically took the bulk of the shots. The adjustment under Geno is knowing when to shoot and when to pass and which shots to take.
upload_2017-11-25_17-55-34.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Virtually all the UConn recruits were the best players on their HS teams. Thus, they typically took the bulk of the shots. The adjustment under Geno is knowing when to shoot and when to pass and which shots to take.

It's interesting that Shea in the current All Access said the recruits come to UConn not understanding or having experienced what is required to be a good team mate. In their schools they were "the one" and could do everything. So at UConn the first thing they are taught is how to be a good team mate.

HGN

Reaction Score
11/28

Olivia Nelson-Ododa had 16 points, 16 rebounds, and 7 blocks on Tuesday in Winder Barrow's narrow 50-48 win.
Sluconn , thanks for posting. It's just good to see ONO back in action no matter what she averages. Hopefully she is gaining her confidence back in her game as well as in her body.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Over an 8 day period, I was in a basketball gym for 6 of them. I watched 30 teams, play in 15 games (not including boys teams and games) in 4 cities. The events I attended during that period were: 1st National Bank Shootout (Paragould, AR), Marion High School Patriot Classic (Marion, AR), Martin Luther King Tournament (Memphis, TN) and Westview Thanksgiving Classic (Martin, TN).

Having the opportunity to watch the espnW #1 ranked 2018 player and UCONN signee, Christyn Williams, was a treat. Her team, Central Arkansas Christian, participated in the 1st National Bank Shootout. She was simply unstoppable. She almost had 40 points by the end of the 3rd quarter while effortlessly scoring off screens, at the basket or way beyond the 3. If you live in the surrounding area of Little Rock and desire to be a high level player, I recommend you catch one of her games. Pay attention to her effort, her attitude, and her skill set.

2017 Thanksgiving Holiday Week Tour | Patosha Jeffery

Reaction Score
Over an 8 day period, I was in a basketball gym for 6 of them. I watched 30 teams, play in 15 games (not including boys teams and games) in 4 cities. The events I attended during that period were: 1st National Bank Shootout (Paragould, AR), Marion High School Patriot Classic (Marion, AR), Martin Luther King Tournament (Memphis, TN) and Westview Thanksgiving Classic (Martin, TN).

Having the opportunity to watch the espnW #1 ranked 2018 player and UCONN signee, Christyn Williams, was a treat. Her team, Central Arkansas Christian, participated in the 1st National Bank Shootout. She was simply unstoppable. She almost had 40 points by the end of the 3rd quarter while effortlessly scoring off screens, at the basket or way beyond the 3. If you live in the surrounding area of Little Rock and desire to be a high level player, I recommend you catch one of her games. Pay attention to her effort, her attitude, and her skill set.

2017 Thanksgiving Holiday Week Tour | Patosha Jeffery

With Kia moving on to the pros next year, if Williams can make the adjustments needed I think she has a good chance to step in and start at the shooting guard spot from day one.

Reaction Score
Christyn looks like another ankle breaker. Geno says that Crystal goes wherever she wants. I'd say the same about Christyn. I think she could have attacked the seams of Maryland's zone today.

I love her use of the right hand. She's not a true lefty. I believe that Paul Westphal was ambidextrous. Christyn is another.
Wow. Paul Westphal. Of all the more recent players. I like it though.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wow. Paul Westphal. Of all the more recent players. I like it though.
Going back maybe 40 years, NBA broadcasts included an ongoing series of H-O-R-S-E at halftime. I'm not sure that Westphal won, but he had a huge advantage by being able to shoot with his off-hand.

JS

Reaction Score
Just a note to say we'll try to do better at keeping this thread on-topic. Christyn, ONO, and matters reasonably related. Did some weeding and must say it's too bad to lose thoughtful posts, but we can't efficiently move individual posts elsewhere.

The problem would only get worse, as threads of this type tend to get very long. People attracted by the thread title, as some have already noted, shouldn't have to wade through a slew of off-topic sub-threads in order to find what they're looking for.*

* Not to derogate the intrinsic interest of the meanders thus far, such as conference realignment, history of NYU basketball, the Charde Houston experience, or that old bug-a-boo "UConn always gets the best players."

To say nothing (and please keep it that way) of "How far is up?"

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nelson-Ododa missed Friday's game (12/2) with an illness.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom