UConn Power Conference Profile - A Long Look at the Numbers | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Power Conference Profile - A Long Look at the Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
You want this added to your OP?

Yeah, sure. It's relevant, especially for those people out there who think UConn football brings nothing to the table. Thanks!

Reaction Score
Yeah, sure. It's relevant, especially for those people out there who think UConn football brings nothing to the table. Thanks!
I'll add it to the end...

Reaction Score
My buddy in Austin sent me this today after I sent him the draft stats for NFL, NBA, MLB.
"Veddy interesting…..the MLB part was surprising to me with OU having more draft picks than Texas. Chip has ur stuff and I also posted some of it. It was generally well rec’d. Most eyes were opened over the NFL roster stats. Keep banging your drum."

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
T-Sam high fiving me at 2:32. What a weekend that was!

I was on that wall too. I had screen shot that at one point in the DVR back when I first saw that.. Must have been right next to you

Reaction Score
Nothing against you personally, I think its hilarious that people do this. They'll take the train 90+ minutes to work each way every day but won't drive somewhere that's 45 minutes away because it's "too far"
That's so true. I take the train to work and live on the shoreline, but I make it to every home football game and every home basketball game at the XL

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
From another thread I found but wanted to add it here: Connecticut has (or had in 2013) 24 players in the NFL. That is as many as OK, AR, and IN. That number is more than most of the B1G states. Connecticut is not an "awful" recruiting ground by those metrics.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/J_G3Ol...ery-active-nfl-player-went-to-high-school.htm

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/connecticut-hs-players-in-nfl-a-surprising.33875/

You should post this in frank the tank's timeline - he recently posted about our "terrible" recruiting territory. I already posted there about the number of UConn grads in the NFL (in response to a comment made by the Dude).

Reaction Score
You should post this in frank the tank's timeline - he recently posted about our "terrible" recruiting territory. I already posted there about the number of UConn grads in the NFL (in response to a comment made by the Dude).
Those were good tweets you added in there Mavblues...he's on the run and reaching now for anything....That guy Soonergrad04 is a ignorant tool...LOL

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
this times 10000x

when I came to UConn from North Carolina I was shocked that the entire southern section of Connecticut basically considers itself a NYC suburb. Still is bizarre to me to this day
I've lived nearly my entire (55 years to date) life in lower Fairfield County (all but four years of undergrad and another four in the mid 1990's in the middle of the state, and in each stint I spent plenty of time down here). What I don't get is why some don't understand why we consider ourselves New Yorkers.

Reaction Score
Those were good tweets you added in there Mavblues...he's on the run and reaching now for anything....That guy Soonergrad04 is a ignorant tool...LOL

Thanks. Some idiot just tweeted that we don't move the needle in NYC any more than Fordham. Just another example of the perception that's (unfortunately) out there...

Reaction Score
The Fiesta Bowl were the legend has it we were destroyed by a team we did not belong on the field with. That's a myth that insults both UConn and a fine Sooner team
Connecticut Oklahoma
Rushing 120 yards 95
Passing. 242. 429
Return. 299. 95
Including a kickoff return of 95 yds
Entering the 4th Qtr the score was 34-20 with UConn driving
Todman was a beast
The Sooner folks in front of us were squirming in their seats as a Huskie TD would have made it a one possession game with plenty of time left
InStead our QB threw a pick six which ended our hopes.
Were they better than us yes ? We couldn't stop the Landry Jones hurry up short passing game.
But we fought then tooth an nail.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
In fairness to our QB, the two OU pick six's went off the hands of our WR's c

That item excepted, AZPop is fully correct in his post.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I've lived nearly my entire (55 years to date) life in lower Fairfield County (all but four years of undergrad and another four in the mid 1990's in the middle of the state, and in each stint I spent plenty of time down here). What I don't get is why some don't understand why we consider ourselves New Yorkers.

Because you live in CT?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Because you live in CT?
To add to my earlier post:

If you're from New York (Westchester or NYC) you think Connecticut is in your backyard. If you're from Fairfield County you know NYC is in your backyard.

Taking a run to Manhattan is easy, doesn't take much time and on impulse you can decide to head out any time from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm. I may be very biased on this but the way I see it this is the best place in the world to live.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
To add to my earlier post:

If you're from New York (Westchester or NYC) you think Connecticut is in your backyard. If you're from Fairfield County you know NYC is in your backyard.

Taking a run to Manhattan is easy, doesn't take much time and on impulse you can decide to head out any time from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm. I may be very biased on this but the way I see it this is the best place in the world to live.

I don't know. I grew up in North Jersey and could take NJ transit from a station within walking distance to the house and never considered myself a New Yorker for anything. Hey to each it's calzone.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The Fiesta Bowl were the legend has it we were destroyed by a team we did not belong on the field with. That's a myth that insults both UConn and a fine Sooner team
Connecticut Oklahoma
Rushing 120 yards 95
Passing. 242. 429
Return. 299. 95
Including a kickoff return of 95 yds
Entering the 4th Qtr the score was 34-20 with UConn driving
Todman was a beast
The Sooner folks in front of us were squirming in their seats as a Huskie TD would have made it a one possession game with plenty of time left
InStead our QB threw a pick six which ended our hopes.
Were they better than us yes ? We couldn't stop the Landry Jones hurry up short passing game.
But we fought then tooth an nail.

What I never understand is why we have to defend ourselves (to some of our so-called fans no less) as the worst BCS team ever. Why doesn't that Virginia Tech team that got stomped by Stamford and lost to James Madison? Or that woeful Pitt team that lost to Utah? It's complete BS.

Reaction Score
Dooley, how about including a photo of our 40,000 (readily expandable to 55,000) seat stadium,?

RentschlerField_lg_128662418305331250.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger