UConn picked 4th in preseason BE poll | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn picked 4th in preseason BE poll

Reaction Score

Yes, coaches suck at polls. They're focusing on their own team at this point in the pre-season. The smart ones delegate it to other people.

Reaction Score
You keep regurgitating this line in thread after thread and I honestly don't know what you're trying convey. In the end it doesn't matter, you're about to be "solidified" (whatever the hell that means) one spot further down in the standings.
U pc fans are cute. U always play us tuff in regular season but u Guys haven’t sniffed the second round of tourney since shamgod was there. I’ll always root for teams from the Northeast to do well so I’m not going to hate but not really worried about Providence(I stand corrected , u made it to second round a few years ago) so about 2 times in 25 yrs

Last edited:

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
UConn and Providence having a regional rivalry is good for both programs and the conference.

That 3rd spot is up for grabs!
Man, I echo this. I enjoy our rivalries, but low key, the Friars irritate the crap out of me.I pray this is a motivator to sit those boys due just north and east of us firmly down.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
And Reeves might be better than Duke. He's certainly more aggressive. Duke is a floater. From what I've seen, all the tools but not quite a killer. Reeves on the other hand, is always in attack mode. Should have been Reeves, Duke, Bouk, Zeg, JER and if the team is six or seven, add the Seton Hall big guy and the swingman from Xavier. Kid hit big buckets against us last year. Both names escapes me.

Reaction Score

Honest question do you think Duke is like a top 5 pick then if he and Dunn are similar defensively and Duke is built better and better on offense? I honestly don’t know anything about his NBA outlook but just know Dunn was a top 5 pick so that’s a big time comparison.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Honest question do you think Duke is like a top 5 pick then if he and Dunn are similar defensively and Duke is built better and better on offense? I honestly don’t know anything about his NBA outlook but just know Dunn was a top 5 pick so that’s a big time comparison.

my brain immediately told me you were wrong about this... glad I checked. Nothing against Mr. Dunn, but man that 2016 draft class has been mostly forgettable to this point.

Reaction Score
Lots to prove, interesting takes, but no one knows. Let’s see how it plays out, who improves and steps up, chemistry etc etc.. while we could be top 2-3 there will be some required improvements including our guards defensively. Will be interesting to say the least.

Reaction Score
It's been discussed, but it's wild how much Providence and Seton Hall are being overrated. I can't believe Duke made the league first team over Bouknight, who was clearly better than him last year as a freshman. It's Jamel Thomas over Rip all over again.

,,,......had no clue:

Jamel Thomas (born July 19, 1976) is an American former professional basketball player who played in the National Basketball Association (NBA). He was a 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m) guard/forward.

Thomas was born in Brooklyn, New York. He played collegiately for Providence College. Upon his 1999 graduation, he appeared in the National Basketball Association (NBA) during the 1999–2000 (three games for the Boston Celtics and four – for the Golden State Warriors) and 2000–01 (five games with the New Jersey Nets) seasons, holding career averages of 8.5 minutes, 2.6 points and 1.8 rebounds per game. He was also signed for a brief period by the Cleveland Cavaliers and Portland Trail Blazers (1999–2000) and Utah Jazz (2000–01), but never played for those teams in an NBA game.

Subsequently, after two seasons in the Continental Basketball Association (CBA) and American Basketball Association (ABA) and his New Jersey spell, Thomas moved overseas, mostly playing for teams in Turkey and Italy. In 2006–07 he played for Beşiktaş[1] and Angelico Biella.

Thomas is the older half-brother of Sebastian Telfair who also played in the NBA.[2] Thomas wrote a book about his life titled The Beautiful Struggle, which was released by Xlibris in late September 2008. In the book, Thomas comments on his half-brother, as well as on cousin Stephon Marbury.[3]

Reaction Score
Seeing Georgetown in last is the shocking takeaway for me. How did that happen?
McClung (Texas Tech), Akinjo (Arizona), LeBlanc (LSU) and Alexander (Texas Southern) transferred and that's a combined 42.6 ppg while LeBlanc/Alexander provided athleticism and length to D.

Yurtseven (15.5p, 9.8r, 1.5b) went pro.

Allen and Mosely (30+ mpg players, 7.7 apg combined) graduated.

I'm not going to underestimate this team, but Georgetown lacks experience at center and they lack skill on the offensive end. Personally, I'm interested in how Siena transfer Donald Carey transitions to Big East play. He's a long guard who can hit threes.

I like their long-term potential, though, especially if one of Wahab/Wilson/Igohoefe show something this year. Jamari Sibley is a '20 top-100 forward and they have a solid four-man '21 class led by Ryan Mutombo. Lots of "program guys" they're picking up and they'll be an interesting team in two years.

Reaction Score
And Reeves might be better than Duke. He's certainly more aggressive. Duke is a floater. From what I've seen, all the tools but not quite a killer. Reeves on the other hand, is always in attack mode. Should have been Reeves, Duke, Bouk, Zeg, JER and if the team is six or seven, add the Seton Hall big guy and the swingman from Xavier. Kid hit big buckets against us last year. Both names escapes me.

Reeves was straight-up bad last year.

Reaction Score
I've seen another posting from a well known and seemingly credible source, that I of course now can't find, that had us #2

Reaction Score
PC fan here...Let's be clear, UConn has played in an inferior league for years now and you all were 19-12 last year and you expect to be in the top 3 pre-season coaches poll? based on what? Recruiting and projections on paper are great, but mean squat...It's what you do on the hardwood that matters, especially in the BE...every game is a rock fight, so partly your trying to win the game, but partly you hope your team doesn't sustain injuries! I've seen many young players coming in with high expectations get knocked to their knees in this league. I'm just saying I think without UConn having played in the BE in a long time, being pre-season #4 is actually pretty strong and given respect by the coaches of the BE...honestly, I see you all finishing in 5th your first season back as you are on the younger side and will take your bumps and bruises. I'm not hating, just being realistic...PC has a lot of depth and players with experience in the BE...And Yes Duke is that good on both sides of the ball, don't be fooled...Watson will be a monster this year and don't sleep on Bynum at point...Reeves and Gannt are ready to take monster leaps this year...and you all don't know 6'9" Horchler, yet...

Reaction Score
PC fan here...Let's be clear, UConn has played in an inferior league for years now and you all were 19-12 last year and you expect to be in the top 3 pre-season coaches poll? based on what? Recruiting and projections on paper are great, but mean squat...It's what you do on the hardwood that matters, especially in the BE...every game is a rock fight, so partly your trying to win the game, but partly you hope your team doesn't sustain injuries! I've seen many young players coming in with high expectations get knocked to their knees in this league. I'm just saying I think without UConn having played in the BE in a long time, being pre-season #4 is actually pretty strong and given respect by the coaches of the BE...honestly, I see you all finishing in 5th your first season back as you are on the younger side and will take your bumps and bruises. I'm not hating, just being realistic...PC has a lot of depth and players with experience in the BE...And Yes Duke is that good on both sides of the ball, don't be fooled...Watson will be a monster this year and don't sleep on Bynum at point...Reeves and Gannt are ready to take monster leaps this year...and you all don't know 6'9" Horchler, yet...

Your players are worse than ours

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom