UConn part of Battle 4 Atlantis Tournament in Bahamas 2021-2022 | The Boneyard

UConn part of Battle 4 Atlantis Tournament in Bahamas 2021-2022

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, if the world ever gets back to normal

The women’s tournament is set to run Saturday to Monday, Nov. 20-22.

The eight-team women’s field will also include Buffalo, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Florida, and Syracuse.

Quite an interesting mix.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The UConn men play Nov. 24-26 in this tourney...They are in a bit of a dip right now with Bouknight out...with him they are on the come. Apparently they also have a top 10 recruiting class coming in next September.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

The eight-team women’s field will also include Buffalo, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Florida, and Syracuse.

If the world ever gets back to normal that sounds like a really nice vacation that I will absolutely have to consider.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Maybe this is my ignorance showing (or maybe it's the poor teacher in me...), but tickets for the women's tournament start at nearly $400?! And that's after paying anywhere from $300 to $3500 a night for a room?!

oh my god omg GIF

I'll save my pennies and fly up to see them in Gampel next season. It won't be the Bahamas, but it won't be in a ballroom and I can drive to Ford's for a lobster roll.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Maybe this is my ignorance showing (or maybe it's the poor teacher in me...), but tickets for the women's tournament start at nearly $400?! And that's after paying anywhere from $300 to $3500 a night for a room?!

oh my god omg GIF

I'll save my pennies and fly up to see them in Gampel next season. It won't be the Bahamas, but it won't be in a ballroom and I can drive to Ford's for a lobster roll.
Where did U see information on tix?

Reactions: mmt

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
When I went to check out room prices for those dates, I could add on ticket packages.
Would hope that UConn has some kind of “all-inclusive” discounted package for Husky fans?

Reactions: mmt

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A piece of bright news, and something to look forward to, fingers crossed and the good lord willing.

What an amazing basketball tourism opportunity. Three marquee programs in UConn, Oregon and South Carolina, plus perennial NCAA tournament team and (thorn-in-the-side of "power 5" teams) South Florida, a rising program in Syracuse with its chaotic "bombs away" offensive style, and the always-exciting upstart Buffalo. (I'll refrain for the time being from any disparaging comments about the Minnesota and Oklahoma programs.)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

oh my god omg GIF

Thanks for saving me the time and effort.

Cheaper to attend FIBA World Cup events, which I highly recommend btw.

Reaction Score

oh my god omg GIF

plenty of far less expensive places to stay right near Atlantis if you can just buy the tickets themselves..........

Reaction Score

oh my god omg GIF

Ahhhhhh....Ford’s! A “win win” situation. :)

Reaction Score
For those interested in attending, I recommend checking the following Link for the Women's Tournament: Battle 4 Atlantis Women's Tournament
If the link doesn't work, google Battle4Atlantis Women's Tournament 2021

* There are room options as low as $185/night... and of course up (as high as $2255/night) depending on your desires...how much luxury do you want/need?
* The link includes One Option for buying tickets in advance during the online room booking process... for all tournament sessions (2 games each). BUT, there are options for seat locations. It all depends on where you want to sit.
* Looking at information from past Men's Battle4Atlantis tournaments (Travel chat boards, etc), there is information that there are routinely "day of" tickets available at Box Office for each individual session (and presumably individual games) because they don't routinely sell out the all session tickets. It's a "risk"...but to save some money it might be worth it. There is also discussion of being able to buy tickets for specific team's sessions...so keep an eye out for more information to come.
* During my time in the Coast Guard I had occasion to visit Nassau often...and made it a point to visit Atlantis...and if you want a November get away, you will not likely disappointed! The place is fantastic, and it has grown and developed more over the years. Atlantis has been a very popular "excursion" for Cruise Ship passengers that visit Nassau (not so much currently with COVID). Always something to do, and Bahamas weather in November is fantastic.

I would love to go to this Tournament... but Mrs. PAHuskeyFan doesn't travel very well these days...:(

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
FYI, I’m finding early booking rates at the Paradise Atlantis for as low as $182/night.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
A great field! Given the kids we have coming in next September I hope we have to go thru
both Oregon and South Carolina to win it. With a deep team throw us into the deep end of the pool.
Win it...get great confidence. Lose...get mad...get better.

As I understand the NCAA and their covid policy we will have ten...count'em TEN...players who will
have frosh eligibility next year. Yikes! Unlikely as it is, should all 10 extend their stay in Storrs for those 4 years we would be losing 10 players after their senior-eligible year. Double Yikes!!

I fret about the team enough as it is...so I won't frazzle myself at this point about such a loss.

Reaction Score
If they are all in the tournament, they may meet sometime during the tournament. Maybe the contracts can be moved back one year, or they can play each other twice next year.

Reaction Score
For those interested in attending, I recommend checking the following Link for the Women's Tournament: Battle 4 Atlantis Women's Tournament
If the link doesn't work, google Battle4Atlantis Women's Tournament 2021

* There are room options as low as $185/night... and of course up (as high as $2255/night) depending on your desires...how much luxury do you want/need?
* The link includes One Option for buying tickets in advance during the online room booking process... for all tournament sessions (2 games each). BUT, there are options for seat locations. It all depends on where you want to sit.
* Looking at information from past Men's Battle4Atlantis tournaments (Travel chat boards, etc), there is information that there are routinely "day of" tickets available at Box Office for each individual session (and presumably individual games) because they don't routinely sell out the all session tickets. It's a "risk"...but to save some money it might be worth it. There is also discussion of being able to buy tickets for specific team's sessions...so keep an eye out for more information to come.
* During my time in the Coast Guard I had occasion to visit Nassau often...and made it a point to visit Atlantis...and if you want a November get away, you will not likely disappointed! The place is fantastic, and it has grown and developed more over the years. Atlantis has been a very popular "excursion" for Cruise Ship passengers that visit Nassau (not so much currently with COVID). Always something to do, and Bahamas weather in November is fantastic.

I would love to go to this Tournament... but Mrs. PAHuskeyFan doesn't travel very well these days...:(
I can't get Mrs. Skeets to go to Gampel (walking distance, bench seating, etc.), but I can get her to go to the XL Center.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Let's hope that these early-season tournaments actually come to be. The Battle for Atlantis has a great field.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Let's hope that these early-season tournaments actually come to be. The Battle for Atlantis has a great field.
I am hesitant to say anything that may foster a derailment of this thread, but if we are still seeing cancellations in ten months’ time then something will have gone badly.

But certainly, if I’ve been taught anything in the previous ten months, it’s the peril of taking even a single thing for granted.

We shall see.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I am hesitant to say anything that may foster a derailment of this thread, but if we are still seeing cancellations in ten months’ time then something will have gone badly.

But certainly, if I’ve been taught anything in the previous ten months, it’s the peril of taking even a single thing for granted.

We shall see.
To quote Andy Dufresne, “Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.”

The announcement of UConn committing to the Paradise Jam in November is one of the most hopeful pieces of news I’ve heard in a very long time. I hope the tournament comes off and I absolutely hope to be there.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A great field! Given the kids we have coming in next September I hope we have to go thru
both Oregon and South Carolina to win it.
According to the Courant's article, UCONN will NOT play Oregon or S. Carolina in the Bahamas. Due to they already have games scheduled with them next season. So it will be 3 of the other teams. Buffalo, Syracuse, Minnesota, USF, or Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
According to the Courant's article, UCONN will NOT play Oregon or S. Carolina in the Bahamas. Due to they already have games scheduled with them next season. So it will be 3 of the other teams. Buffalo, Syracuse, Minnesota, USF, or Oklahoma.
Hopefully USF and Syracuse.
and let’s save Minn for paiges homecoming game in 2024 :)

Reaction Score

Absolute wonderful news. Competition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom