UConn opens as 33-point underdog @ Army | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn opens as 33-point underdog @ Army

Reaction Score
I’ll believe we can be competitive when I see it. Not optimistic considering the tackling (lack thereof) that we’ve seen. At least the clock will keep moving against the triple option.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’ll believe we can be competitive when I see it. Not optimistic considering the tackling (lack thereof) that we’ve seen. At least the clock will keep moving against the triple option.
Exactly. Can’t block can’t tackle, not sure how anyone could expect anything other than multiple score losses in every game.

Reaction Score
I'm cringing as I type this but, I do believe we will score this week.

Baby steps....

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This game has me torn. I love UConn, but how can anyone root against Army's cadets knowing the sacrifices many will make for our country?

Think about the 50 or so that just got expelled for cheating and those that did any didn't get caught. Uniform worship isn't a healthy thing.

Laying the points here seems too easy.

Reaction Score
I think with Army running, which keeps the clock moving, there's a chance that UConn could cover... but then I see our defensive backs and their unwillingness to make a tackle and I have zero confidence that the corners will handle their responsibilities for the pitch-man or make the tackle if they do actually cover him (which also neglects to mention how poorly UConn has done, not just setting contain, but then trying to close down contain). The resulting chunk plays then negate that advantage. I do think that UConn could score their first points against FBS opposition this week. I wouldn't actually bet money on either occurrence, but it's not implausible.

Reaction Score
If the same defense shows up on Saturday that we have seen the previous 2 weeks this could be ugliest game since Boise State, defensively speaking. We have been melting down in the 2nd quarter. If that happens Saturday and we have 3 quarters of missed assignments and missed tackles from an increasingly gassed defense, physically and mentally, then Army will start scoring on 2, 3 or 4 plays from 80 yards out. And I don't think they will let up until the final gun sounds. Service academies tend to play that way.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Think about the 50 or so that just got expelled for cheating. Uniform worship isn't a healthy thing.

Wow...............................................................................................
A few bad apples and now the men/women in uniform who have spilled blood deserve less because of them
Because Dougie W, AJ, Marcus W, Bouknight and Jalen A had some transgressions should folks feel differently about UConn?

Reaction Score
UCONN will have fun trying to tackle Jacobi Buchanan on 4 th and 1. Only 260 lbs of mean.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom