UConn opens as 29 point underdog vs. Wyoming | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn opens as 29 point underdog vs. Wyoming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That state of Wyoming must have a great recruiting base. Like New Jersey or Ohio. Don’t give me this crap that we can’t be competitive because of the size of our state. !
Tired of folks that kept saying Uconn can't build a great football program due to its location.

What does state of CT has over Wyoming? Well, just about everything so don't give me that crap Uconn can't have a competitive football program.

Reaction Score
We will score at least 21 this week! Offense should take another step forward. Would be nice to see defense take a step forward! If they do we will win outright.
Not unless it is over early and they pull their starters.

Reaction Score
That state of Wyoming must have a great recruiting base. Like New Jersey or Ohio. Don’t give me this crap that we can’t be competitive because of the size of our state. !
I was looking @ their roster yesterday. +/- Dozen kids on Wyoming’s roster are actually from Wyoming. Majority of others from CA, CO, Tx and Neb. It’s what you do w/ them once you get them.

Reaction Score
We will score at least 21 this week! Offense should take another step forward. Would be nice to see defense take a step forward! If they do we will win outright.
Your handle is a lie

Reaction Score
I was looking @ their roster yesterday. +/- Dozen kids on Wyoming’s roster are actually from Wyoming. Majority of others from CA, CO, Tx and Neb. It’s what you do w/ them once you get them.
That’s my point. We pull PA NJ Texas FL GA and some Canada and we should be able to be competitive

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
To your point, once upon a when, in another lifetime that was 2014, there was clamoring for UConn to hire Craig Bohl (who knows if he would have come this far east). Wyoming hired Bohl, we hired Diaco.

Since then? Wyoming, under Bohl, has gone 41-44 and 2-1 in bowls.

We’ve gone 17-59 and 0-1 in bowls.

Reaction Score
Ill be thrilled to see us score 7 on the Wyo defense but don’t see it happening

Reaction Score
If it weren't for Colorado we wouldn't have a football team. Bohl has been good getting Wyoming kids on the roster, a few who have gone on to the NFL. Bohl concentrates on the Midwest for linemen and Texas and California for skill players (i.e. Josh Allen). We don't have many from west of the Mississippi. He really didn't want to play Clemson (go figure) as it wouldn't help recruiting.

Best way to look at this game from Wyoming's perspective is as a final tune up before league play begins. The Pokes have a bye next week before they travel to Air Force followed by a home game hosting Fresno State. Assuming the Pokes control the game, I see the ones getting pulled as early as possible and giving the backups some PT. If the Huskies put up a fight then I see the Pokes trying to get the lead and going into ball control mode.

In reality, who knows how this come out? That's why they play the game.

Reaction Score
CCSU is a 34.5-point underdog at Miami (FL)

Wagner is a 27.5-point underdog at Temple

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
CCSU is a 34.5-point underdog at Miami (FL)

Wagner is a 27.5-point underdog at Temple
That Temple line is wacky. Wagner is just about the worst team in FCS.

Reaction Score
That Temple line is wacky. Wagner is just about the worst team in FCS.

They are probably the worst in the NEC, but right now at least a few Patriot League teams (Lehigh, Colgate, Bucknell), a few MEAC/SWAC programs, and the almost the entire Pioneer League are probably worse. But that just semantics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom