UConn @ Ohio State University Value City Arena (Friday 10/15/21 @7p & Saturday 10/16/17 @3p) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Ohio State University Value City Arena (Friday 10/15/21 @7p & Saturday 10/16/17 @3p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Also thought the ice was terrible and it killed Uconn's speed advantage all game as they were constantly fighting the puck. Then announcers mentioned 80 degree temps and the warm arena late in the game, so yeah, that didn't help either.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Let the freshman goalie get a turn tomorrow if he’s healthy
I don’t think that’s the answer or that it is what should happen. Hanson has played well. I wouldn’t mess with that this early in the season.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Also thought the ice was terrible and it killed Uconn's speed advantage all game as they were constantly fighting the puck. Then announcers mentioned 80 degree temps and the warm arena late in the game, so yeah, that didn't help either.
Agreed…it was the one smart thing the announcers mentioned. We are the faster team.

Reaction Score
So wrong…Tverberg is a stud…he’s the guy you want out there on a 3 on 3. You haven’t been watching. Anyway…it never should have come down to that. Remember when Cav thought OSU was offside on there first goal. They were.
I'm not wrong, kids got great wheels and he's a good player, which as I said, was neutralized with the bad ice as was most of Uconn's speed. So yeah I have been watching and played the game at a high level for years, but he blew the last 15-20 secs which happens, but it's still the truth and anyone who knows the game has to know better vs. 3-3.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I'm not wrong, kids got great wheels and he's a good player, which as I said, was nuetralized with the bad ice as was most of Uconn's speed. So yeah I have been watching and played the game at a high level for 30 years, but he blew the last 15-20 secs which happens, but it's still the truth and anyone who knows the game has to know better vs. 3-3.
My bad…but I still think he was the right guy to put out there. You want your fast guys out there and the others had been out there to long. but, having re read your post, I agree with you. Would love to see that last 30 seconds again.

Reaction Score
I don’t think that’s the answer or that it is what should happen. Hanson has played well. I wouldn’t mess with that this early in the season.
I don’t want to ride our starter into the ground like we seemed to do with Vomacka.
Has nothing to do with Hanson’s play.
Plus Hanson is only here for one year and it’s a non conference game.
And lastly when you put in a young goalie, the team seems to tighten up their defensive play around him.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Wow, Sacred Heart with a late GWG at BU in a game in which they dominated.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I don’t want to ride our starter into the ground like we seemed to do with Vomacka.
Has nothing to do with Hanson’s play.
Plus Hanson is only here for one year and it’s a non conference game.
And lastly when you put in a young goalie, the team seems to tighten up their defensive play around him.
I still want to see Hanson in net tomorrow, but I do get your take on it. I don’t see Cav as a guy that will risk someome with no experience in an early season must win game. And this is a must win. I’d give the kid the start against Dartmouth to give Hanson a rest If need be.

Reaction Score
My bad…but I still think he was the right guy to put out there. You want your fast guys out there and the others had been out there to long. but, having re read your post, I agree with you. Would love to see that last 30 seconds again.
Agreed you do want him out there in 3-3's and the kids a weapon in most situations, but I could see the last goal coming a mile away when I almost thought he was gonna forecheck behind the net after Uconn lost the draw in Ohio St's end. . He needed to get on his horse and backcheck like crazy because there was only secs. left.

Hopefully it's a learning moment ( like Wheelers blind pass to his D partner that sent them in on a breakaway for their 2nd goal. I just hate when Uconn was the better team and beats theirselves.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Wow, Sacred Heart with a late GWG at BU in a game in which they dominated.
Maybe the Connecticut teams are ready to pass the Massachusetts teams….;)

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Agreed you do want him out there in 3-3's and the kids a weapon in most situations, but I could see the last goal coming a mile away when I almost thought he was gonna forecheck behind the net after Uconn lost the draw in Ohio St's end. . He needed to get on his horse and backcheck like crazy because there was only secs. left.

Hopefully it's a learning moment ( like Wheelers blind pass to his D partner that sent them in on a breakaway for their 2nd goal. I just hate when Uconn was the better team and beats theirselves.
Best post of the night…especially the last sentence. That’s exactly how I felt. You described the two bad goals given up in one post.

Reaction Score
I still want to see Hanson in net tomorrow, but I do get your take on it. I don’t see Cav as a guy that will risk someome with no experience in an early season must win game. And this is a must win. I’d give the kid the start against Dartmouth to give Hanson a rest If need be.
Tomorrow night is not a must win. What is over if we lose

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Tomorrow night is not a must win. What is over if we lose
Nothing is over…but you just cannot lose two games to an inferior team this early in the year. We have a lot of new players out there. They have to establish themselves. Losing is not how that is done. And I did say “early season must win game.” There is a difference. It can set a tone for the season. We must win on the road. Learn that early.

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Well, tomorrow’s game starts at 3…right on the heels of the UConn vs Yale game. Let’s hope both games make us happy.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Please be here tomorrow and help us pull for the boys! They may never see our posts, but I still have to think that our positive waves can help.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Besides the first game, Ive thought Hanson has played well, but he also can't play every game. Afternoon game after a night game, not to mention a tough loss, I don't think this is bad spot to give the freshman some PT.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I feel like this team is like the antithesis of our prior hockey east teams. In the past, we've had to rely on goaltending, defense, effort and making the most of our scoring opportunities. But this year it our strength is definitely our speed and offense. I also thought we were way too lackadaisical with the puck in our defensive and neutral zone throughout the game. One positive is we didn't play particularly well, but still should've won this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom