2022 Recruiting: - UConn offers Kyle Filipowski | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: UConn offers Kyle Filipowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

W & M has a NBA UConn tradition - Dre was actually on campus there about ready to attend classes after transferring from STM (GM got him away from Quinn, who did not like Calhoun). My memory is a little foggy on the details and sequence (LOL). Dre’s friend Dunn was also going there but then something happened - As a result, the package deal fell apart, Dunn went back to New London and Dre contacted the UConn coaches after a family meeting that he was enrolling for classes. At that point, Chief went out to a bar and brought complete strangers a round of drinks.
What I never got the courage to ask Calhoun is why he didn’t go after Dunn very hard. Perhaps, Dre would have played another year? Of course, there was the NCAA nonsense. I also know there was a New London posse around Dunn, at the time, that might have been a turnoff? A couple years later they resulted in a blowup at Shrine with some of the UConn/Dre’s crew as I recall. However, heard nothing but good things about Dunn at PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What I never got the courage to ask Calhoun is why he didn’t go after Dunn very hard.

Wow Chief, this is weak. Why would someone of your stature, who has contributed so much to the UConn Athletic Department over his many years of service, suddenly grow timid around a coach? You know the Casual Fans depend on you. What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom