UConn OC Nick Charlton on T'N'T College Football Podcast | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn OC Nick Charlton on T'N'T College Football Podcast

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
The more and more we hear from this staff and others who have witnessed what we have here - it just further cements to me at least that Randy Edsall just wasn’t as interested in the job the 2nd go around. It was a retirement plan.

Reaction Score
A couple of other thoughts about Nick's interview:

He really is a stellar interview. Polished, comfortable in his own skin, intelligent as they come. It felt like a living room discussion with a microscope into the inner workings of UConn Football. He was revealing without giving too many details.

It's clear the braintrust have a thoughtful, layered plan to start winning immediately.

I'm surprised Nick hasn't been more of a public face for the program, but it's understandable given how much work was required in a short timeframe. He will again be a head coach sooner than later, particularly if he delivers on the field.

The insight into how UConn approaches its challenges was fascinating. Two-way trust really matters as does a blue-collar mentality that demands you be prepared to work hard every day.

A really insightful interview overall.

Reaction Score
I have yet to hear why running the ball is more important in the northeast than anywhere else. Is there a technical reason for that? Time of possession keeps the D off the field longer?
You know how some things are said so often they become truisms. You need to run the ball in the Northeast is one of those. It supposedly has to do with cold weather late in the season and all that. Frankly I’d be surprised if an offensive coach didn’t say it. Doesn’t mean he will do it. Just say it.

Reaction Score
I think we are in a new millennium, are we not? They've got these high tech gloves now, don't they?

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
A couple of other thoughts about Nick's interview:

He really is a stellar interview. Polished, comfortable in his own skin, intelligent as they come. It felt like a living room discussion with a microscope into the inner workings of UConn Football. He was revealing without giving too many details.

It's clear the braintrust have a thoughtful, layered plan to start winning immediately.

I'm surprised Nick hasn't been more of a public face for the program, but it's understandable given how much work was required in a short timeframe. He will again be a head coach sooner than later, particularly if he delivers on the field.

The insight into how UConn approaches its challenges was fascinating. Two-way trust really matters as does a blue-collar mentality that demands you be prepared to work hard every day.

A really insightful interview overall.
I also appreciate Nick's patience with the interviewer who I thought was fawning over everything Nick said. An insightful interview otherwise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom