Men - UConn NCAA Baseball Selection Show (5/31 @ Noon) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Men UConn NCAA Baseball Selection Show (5/31 @ Noon)

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
This is an unusual year for RPI because of the cut back in OOC and "cross pollination"...for sure. And the Committee appears to have seeded teams on RPI.

And yeah...fans of some teams aren't happy....

Pitt went 18-12 vs. teams in the tourney...2nd most such wins behind Arkansas...4th most Quad 1 wins nationally...they didn’t get in.

That was terrible. Covid messed them up at the end of the year but they played a brutal schedule. I recall a 30-27 UCLA team getting in over UConn in a year we deserved to be in, and UCLA did not have the quality wins Pitt had. Bama was a joke.

Reaction Score
And while the ACC coaches were assured by the Selection Committee before the season that RPI wasn't going to be leaned on as much as it has been in the past, Martin Jr. said it certainly appears like the committee used the RPI and little else.

Mike Martin Jr. doesn't mince words...

After the field was announced, Martin Jr. was asked what he thought of the selection process as a whole in 2021.

"Besides laughable?" Martin Jr. said. "I really don't know what to say. I know there are a lot of folks that are shaking their heads. Things don't make sense. Survive and advance. That's what it's all about from here on out. ... But there are a lot of teams that are shaking their heads. We're not. We're fine. We're in. ...

"But that old saying, 'When you don't think it's about politics, it is.' I can promise you that."

I think that Mike Martin Jr. was just taking it up for his old roster mate, who is now the Pitt coach.

Reaction Score
Which one of the 16 hosting teams had a worse RPI than Nebraska"s 42 ?

Heck...The Committee pretty much rolled down the RPI rankings...But.Notre Dame did win the ACC by 4 1/2 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom