UConn mentioned in this article | The Boneyard

UConn mentioned in this article

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Pre season we were Kenpom 21, we're currently Kenpom 22. Wouldn't say we're underachieving based on pre-season expectations.
And that's not considering the injuries and ref screw job against MSU.

Reaction Score
It's nice to see how someone on the outside really sees this team. It's the observer effect that sometimes troubles me as a fan. I tend to think all other teams look smoother, better coached and bigger. Maybe people on the outside actually do see a top 10 team here waiting to emerge.

Reaction Score
There's a lot to like on this team. We are left to wonder where we would be ranked if we had found a way to win 1 of the 4 close losses. My guess is that at 12-3 we would be ranked somewhere between 15-20. So yeah, maybe this team has underachieved a little, but certainly not in a drastic way. No bad losses, and we are still very much in the hunt for a good seed in the NCAA tournament.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I fully endorse this article. On the other hand, the team needs to show it at some point and last night, except in glimpses, wasn't it. Should have blown the doors off that team.

Reaction Score
Nobody with half a brain cell thinks we're underachieving. It's a classic case of expectations being raised in season, same as last year. All the people who set a goal of getting into the NCAA tournament were then disappointeded when we didn't win a few games

Reaction Score
Nobody with half a brain cell thinks we're underachieving. It's a classic case of expectations being raised in season, same as last year. All the people who set a goal of getting into the NCAA tournament were then disappointeded when we didn't win a few games
People came into this year with crazy expectations after losing a lottery pick. This team's peak was always something akin to the 2002-2003 team. Which is roughly where they are.

But the board is irrationally optimistic and then gets down on the team way too fast. And they overestimated what the freshmen could do.

Reaction Score
The fact that we were in position to win every game we lost this season means “something” to me imo but also the fact that we lost them makes it even more frustrating

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Being on a list with mid majors like Wagner, Hofstra, and Syracuse doesn’t really excite me all that much. It’s like being named to the all plucky and gritty team. But we’re healthy now and poised to peek at the right time.

Reaction Score
Better than being overrated. This fan has lowered expectations to realistic levels. Our lack of playmaker and 2nd ballhandler have exposed us. Martin still disappears in-game like last year, AJ still growing and Whaley has regressed. Those 3 I expected too much of this season.

In fact other than Sanogo, Cole and AJ (to a certain extent) what other teammates have significantly improved their game this year?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom