How would you prefer the event happen?

• Virtually

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • In-Person

Votes: 23 53.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Hi all,

As I've done the past couple years with The Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast, I'm bringing the horde together for a night with the beat writers. I've done it virtually the past two years but have always thought about hosting it in person at a brewery/restaurant space. I know things have been up and down with COVID so wanted to gauge the Yard to see if people would be interested if I put this event together in-person vs. virtually as I've done in the past.

Appreciate your votes/comment!

Reaction Score
I'm assuming you mean so that a small audience could be there? I like the thought but I'm not local to participate myself. From a production standpoint, one of the horde is a bit virtually challenged so it would help smooth his contribution. I think the key point for you is timing. You want these guys to have seen the players practice or scrimmage enough so they can provide actual observations of play, as well as having had enough direct interaction with players to give their insights. When they are deprived of team contact the best they can do is guess, like the rest of us. No fault of theirs.

Is Jackson taking and making any jump shots? Are Akok, Whaley, Johnson, or Springs hitting 3's enough to be reliable stretch 4's? Is Hawkins a potential alpha or should we temper expectations? Is Martin hitting shots and finishing at the rim? Is Diggins ready to contribute? Is Polley displaying more than spot up shooting? Has Floyd shown enough to find game time or is it clear this will be a red shirt year? Do you get a sense of who teammates see as the 'go to' player in the clutch? I think we are all thirsty for comments that are based on watching a few hours of actual combat.

Thanks for your productions

Reaction Score
I'm assuming you mean so that a small audience could be there? I like the thought but I'm not local to participate myself. From a production standpoint, one of the horde is a bit virtually challenged so it would help smooth his contribution. I think the key point for you is timing. You want these guys to have seen the players practice or scrimmage enough so they can provide actual observations of play, as well as having had enough direct interaction with players to give their insights. When they are deprived of team contact the best they can do is guess, like the rest of us. No fault of theirs.

Is Jackson taking and making any jump shots? Are Akok, Whaley, Johnson, or Springs hitting 3's enough to be reliable stretch 4's? Is Hawkins a potential alpha or should we temper expectations? Is Martin hitting shots and finishing at the rim? Is Diggins ready to contribute? Is Polley displaying more than spot up shooting? Has Floyd shown enough to find game time or is it clear this will be a red shirt year? Do you get a sense of who teammates see as the 'go to' player in the clutch? I think we are all thirsty for comments that are based on watching a few hours of actual combat.

Thanks for your productions
You are asking all the great questions and you’re right, the only way to get answers is eyes on which will not really be happening until tv broadcasts. And really it will be awhile before we really get a true feeling for this.

Reaction Score
Ah the good dudes. I was hoping to see DiMauro choke on his bud light
Guys like DiMauro, Jeff Jacobs and Mike Anthony are columnists, not beat writers, that write stuff about the team from a different angle. The first 2 like to muck it up while the 3rd guy seems to write informative pieces.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom