UConn may play NC State on Dec. 5th at Mohegan; Florida game in doubt | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn may play NC State on Dec. 5th at Mohegan; Florida game in doubt

Reaction Score
1) the class of 2021 has nothing to do with the discussion; 2) we're not talking about this season anyways; so I'm not sure why I brought it up 3) we're not only talking about future matchups against ooc opponents; but our level of excitement for current and potential games 4) depaul's recruiting is great, but Dave Leitao is still the coach, so the jury is out on any improvements on the court. Thankfully you didn't argue that we were choosing between cincy or memphis and depaul, sadly I can't seem to understand that you're simply comparing your level of excitement for one team that is on the schedule versus another team that could be on the schedule 5) even though I'd rather play any other p5 in our recruiting footprint than cincy, the question wasn't asked whether we would give up any other p5 in our recruiting footprint in favor of Cinci, but simply whether or not we'd like to see Cinci or Memphis on the schedule. So in hindsight, I'm not sure why I made that point.
FIFY

Reaction Score
If people want to throw out P5 teams they'd rather play instead of Cinci, I'm 100% certain I'd agree on some of them.

But the question was "do we mind playing Cinci/Memphis".

The question was not "which P5 games are you getting rid of so we can play Cinci".

That's a different answer.

I'd rather play Cinci than Yale. Sue me.

Reaction Score
If people want to throw out P5 teams they'd rather play instead of Cinci, I'm 100% certain I'd agree on some of them.

But the question was "do we mind playing Cinci/Memphis".

The question was not "which P5 games are you getting rid of so we can play Cinci".

That's a different answer.

I'd rather play Cinci than Yale. Sue me.
then why did you compare cincy to depaul in the first place? thats what started all of this and they arent substitutes....and my point was even if they were substitutes depaul will be the better program in the future.

obviously we'd rather play cincy than a cupcake. thanks captain obvious. likewise we should rather play any p5 in our recruiting footprint over a midmajor aac program. even rutgers and BC would attract more exposure and they have the "old BE" connection too if that's your thing

Last edited:
Reaction Score
then why did you compare cincy to depaul in the first place? thats what started all of this and they arent substitutes....and my point was even if they were substitutes depaul will be the better program in the future.

obviously we'd rather play cincy than a cupcake. thanks captain obvious. likewise we should rather play any p5 in our recruiting footprint over a midmajor program from the aac. even rutgers and BC would attract more exposure and they have the "old BE" connection too if that's your thing
That's not what started this. What started this was @superjohn creating this wild notion that simply being agreeable to seeing Cinci on our schedule means we're longing to go back to the AAC. We've played Harvard, Yale, and Columbia recently, are people confusing us with the Ivy League now?

I brought up the fact there are teams we have no choice in playing that don't excite people too. Because while there is enthusiasm for playing in the Big East, it's not like they are all exciting programs. Just because we couldn't wait to escape the AAC, it doesn't mean Cinci doesn't deserve better. I'm sorry if it's just too complicated for you to grasp.

Okay, you'd rather play Rutgers or BC, cool. I've got no problem with that.

If your argument is "there are better teams to play". Then I'd just respond as you did. "thanks Captain Obvious".

The question was do we want to play them? I wouldn't mind replacing some teams on our OOC with them. Maybe you do. That's fine too.

You guys are creating strawmen to argue with. It's tiresome.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t hate playing cinci but I don’t think anyone will feel a loss if we don’t. Without mick around the rivalry wasn’t going to as strong anymore anyway in my opinion.

Reaction Score
NC State is picked preseason #8 in the ACC...they were hurt by losing top 50 Josh Hall to entering draft as well as Funderburke...and they have questions at Point Guard.

Point play might be their weak point.

Reaction Score
That's not what started this. What started this was @superjohn creating this wild notion that simply being agreeable to seeing Cinci on our schedule means we're longing to go back to the AAC. We've played Harvard, Yale, and Columbia recently, are people confusing us with the Ivy League now?

I brought up the fact there are teams we have no choice in playing that don't excite people too. Because while there is enthusiasm for playing in the Big East, it's not like they are all exciting programs. Just because we couldn't wait to escape the AAC, it doesn't mean Cinci doesn't deserve better. I'm sorry if it's just too complicated for you to grasp.

Okay, you'd rather play Rutgers or BC, cool. I've got no problem with that.

If your argument is "there are better teams to play". Then I'd just respond as you did. "thanks Captain Obvious".

The question was do we want to play them? I wouldn't mind replacing some teams on our OOC with them. Maybe you do. That's fine too.

You guys are creating strawmen to argue with. It's tiresome.
You're the one who brought it up. It's not relevant because Depaul is in our conference and Cinci is not. I would've rather seen us play most other teams in the country instead of the AAC teams we had to play the past 6-7 years. Now that we're in the Big East we will play a bunch of teams people want to see us play and we have a choice of trying to setup matches with teams from all over the country to fill our schedule. I would much rather see us play teams like Maryland, Syracuse, Michigan State etc. than I would Cincinnati.

So no, you wanting to play Cinci over DePaul and St. John's isn't at all relevant to the discussion. I don't see why you can't understand this.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Temple, Cuse, Pitt, and Cincinnati would be it. I would rather play a Duke, NC or Kansas than any other old AAC team

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don’t see much reason to play Cincinnati.

We’re going to play a home and home with Xavier and you want to head back to Cincinnati for a non-con?

Why?

Because we played a bunch of 54-50 games there?

Reaction Score
Just random but would anyone have interest in retaining an ongoing AAC "rivalry"? Maybe Memphis or Cincy?

I always enjoyed keeping old BE foes as part of the OOC schedule.

As a Cincy resident, I’d selfishly love to see UC on the OOC schedule for a drivable game.

As a UConn fan, would rather they play in recruiting hot beds & continue to grow / strength brand for younger generations in those regions - first team that comes to mind (for me at least) is Maryland for DMV, but that’s not the question....to answer your question, I would prefer to move on, but between the two, bring on UC

Reaction Score
You're the one who brought it up. It's not relevant because Depaul is in our conference and Cinci is not. I would've rather seen us play most other teams in the country instead of the AAC teams we had to play the past 6-7 years. Now that we're in the Big East we will play a bunch of teams people want to see us play and we have a choice of trying to setup matches with teams from all over the country to fill our schedule. I would much rather see us play teams like Maryland, Syracuse, Michigan State etc. than I would Cincinnati.

So no, you wanting to play Cinci over DePaul and St. John's isn't at all relevant to the discussion. I don't see why you can't understand this.
You’re ridiculously obtuse.

I threw a conference opponent out there that I’m not excited about playing.

I didn’t say we had to pick one over the other.

I didn’t say there weren’t other schools I would rather play more.

But you just can’t help being you and have to pretend I made some ridiculous argument like wanting to play Cinci over Michigan St.

You and the posters like you make this place insufferable.

I don’t give a —— who you would rather see us play. You don’t want Cinci on the schedule. Fine. Others wouldn’t mind them replacing someone else on our schedule. That’s their preference. deal with it.

here’s why you can’t understand it.
I didn’t say “I WANT to play Cinci instead of DePaul”. I said “I’d be more excited to see us play them than DePaul”
maybe if you could comprehend nuance instead of always looking to argue.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
People forget that we never really ran the aac like we should have. It also wasn't all bad I have some good memories from that conference. The natty year and Jalen' shot in 2016. Not to mention some epic battles with smu.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't mind playing Cinci and I'd be careful about downplaying DePaul
At this point I am just hoping UConn is actually going to be playing someone in 30 days- bring on The Sisters of the Poor- I just want to see UConn mens hoops
Its been a while since waiting to get out of the XL parking garage after beating Memphis

Reaction Score
I really want to see how Cinci is going forward a few years before committing to playing them. If we’re doing former teams associated with the BE, I’d much rather play Syracuse, WVU, Pitt & Louisville over Cincy
No opinion on playing Cinci, but Louisville and WVU were always tough games against consistently tough programs. As I remember, Louisville basically dominated us especially during the Montrez Harrell era, and WVU was a bear on the road, though I think we beat them at Morgantown when they had Pitznogel. Still WVU was always a physical game.

Syracuse and Pitt I don't really care about. Why bother to try to deal with the Syracuse unique zone for one game, and unless Pitt is back, why play them? Rather play Louisville or WVU.

Reaction Score
You’re ridiculously obtuse.

I threw a conference opponent out there that I’m not excited about playing.

I didn’t say we had to pick one over the other.

I didn’t say there weren’t other schools I would rather play more.

But you just can’t help being you and have to pretend I made some ridiculous argument like wanting to play Cinci over Michigan St.

You and the posters like you make this place insufferable.

I don’t give a —— who you would rather see us play. You don’t want Cinci on the schedule. Fine. Others wouldn’t mind them replacing someone else on our schedule. That’s their preference. deal with it.

here’s why you can’t understand it.
I didn’t say “I WANT to play Cinci instead of DePaul”. I said “I’d be more excited to see us play them than DePaul”
maybe if you could comprehend nuance instead of always looking to argue.
Geezus, you're thick. If you brought up being more excited to play Cincinnati over Sacred Heart it would be relevant and make total sense, you being more excited to play Cincinnati over DePaul or St. John's is totally irrelevant and makes no sense in this thread. I tried to explain it to you several times but you still don't get it...moving along.

Reaction Score
4 H/H between mens and women's so probably two H/H each, although they should just give all 4 to the men we need a lot more help scheduling quality OOC

What? First of all, calling the AAC "quality OOC" in MBB or WBB seems like a stretch, but beyond that, there's far less need for MBB to schedule up OOC when they're in one of the best leagues. BE WBB is decent, but it's nothing like BE MBB.

Reaction Score
Geezus, you're thick. If you brought up being more excited to play Cincinnati over Sacred Heart it would be relevant and make total sense, you being more excited to play Cincinnati over DePaul or St. John's is totally irrelevant and makes no sense in this thread. I tried to explain it to you several times but you still don't get it...moving along.
You're stuck on stupid. You don't understand the analogy. It's okay. I can talk about other OOC schools and make the same point.

I wouldn't mind playing Cinci over Sacred Heart, Saint Joseph's, Main, Iona, St. Peter's, UNH, or NJIT.

You'd rather play the above cupcakes rather than a quality program stuck in a mid-major conference because people might think we're begging to go back to the AAC.

I wouldn't sacrifice Syracuse, Michigan State, or Maryland in order to schedule Cinci. You're the only one who made that false choice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom