UConn makes a strong statement | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn makes a strong statement

Reaction Score
I saw that Trevor Larence retweeted (and if there was ever a guy who did not need this season, it is him)...

Being dismissive of players voicing their real desire to play a season while also claiming to be for “players rights and them having a voice” is about as disingenuous as it comes.

Stop pretending these are unintelligible athletes who shouldn’t have a say in decision-making.

And Trevor tweets...

I don’t know about y’all, but we want to play.

Reaction Score
I saw that Trevor Larence retweeted (and if there was ever a guy who did not need this season, it is him)...

Being dismissive of players voicing their real desire to play a season while also claiming to be for “players rights and them having a voice” is about as disingenuous as it comes.

Stop pretending these are unintelligible athletes who shouldn’t have a say in decision-making.

And Trevor tweets...

Circular argument (... and of course there is a subset of kids that just want to play).

Reaction Score
The truth is that the virus will spread among 18-22 year olds because they will behave like 18-22 year olds...whether athlete or student...football player, basketball player, or hockey player.

Unless socially distanced at all times, the virus will move among them.

Reaction Score
and they both win....the more "clicks" the better.

Matt Hayes called out the MAC sayng that once they lost their paydays with the Bigs..they had to bail.

Wolken chipping back about saving grandma.

Pick a side, any side...and a columnist wins.

Reaction Score

And Trevor tweets...

Lol “unintelligible”, unfortunate irony there

And athletes are allowed to play if they want. It's never been easier to transfer.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It's easy to poke fun at UConn Football for a decade of ineptitude,
Dude that is such an over statement! It’s only been 9 years.

CL82

Reaction Score
At this point The NCAA needs to let everybody off the hook from making these decisions by canceling sports for the year.
They can’t. The P5 have sent a clear signal that they will go it alone if that happens. Once they do that there is no guarantee that they will ever come back.

Reaction Score
please provide evidence for this. You are on the verge of a Nobel Prize, with this theory of “cold and rain kills COVID”. Because we were told in the beginning heat and sunlight kill it lol (can’t have much UV radiation when it’s raining, can ya?)

What about a group of 15 people wrestling over a line of scrimmage?

Man you are stupid
Short UV wavelengths easily pass through clouds and rain, while much longer infrared wavelengths do not. Infrared radiation actually bounces off clouds while UV wavelengths do not. It's the reason it doesn't get as cold on a cloudy night vs if the stars are out. The suns full spectrum heats up the Earth's surface during the day whether it's clear or cloudy and the Earth's surface reradiates that energy back to space at night in the form of infrared, but only if there are not any nighttime clouds. You have more of a chance dieing from Covid19 staying cooped up in your stupid house loaded with warmth, moisture, and lots of surface area (to keep the little buggers healthy), watching the damn game than the kids in a pile on the goal line. Also I guess you have not heard that the newest helmets have a tight fitting built in mask. I'm sorry I'm so stupid. Have a nice day Lefty.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
If UConn were in the ACC there is no way the decision would have been made to cancel the season as long as the ACC still planned to play.
True, but as an independent the choice is Connecticut’s to make. They made the correct one.

Reaction Score
The truth is that the virus will spread among 18-22 year olds because they will behave like 18-22 year olds...whether athlete or student...football player, basketball player, or hockey player.

Unless socially distanced at all times, the virus will move among them.
Don't you think one of them needs to be infected, and sneezing in everyone's face in a closed room first? Just wondering.:rolleyes:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You would explain it but you can’t. I don’t even disagree with dropping football. The season was over anyway with the games lost. If UConn truly cancelled to protect the kids then they’d cancel ALL fall sports now. When a member of any fall sports team contracts COVID I’ll wait for your “explanation” lol

Is the rest of college football cancelling their season because UConn lost a few games off their schedule, or do those other schools have another reason?

Reaction Score
They can’t. The P5 have sent a clear signal that they will go it alone if that happens. Once they do that there is no guarantee that they will ever come back.
Good. Leave them out of NCAA championships in all sports.

Reaction Score
True, but as an independent the choice is Connecticut’s to make. They made the correct one.
So does this season count as a winning season??

CL82

Reaction Score
So does this season count as a winning season??
Well, it is our first undefeated season, so there’s that.

CL82

Reaction Score
Good. Leave them out of NCAA championships in all sports.
Yeah, except it would kind a be the opposite. The rest of the NCAA would be out of the P5 championships. People tend to focus on the highest level of collegiate competition.

Reaction Score
Practices are going on right now at P5's....we'll soon find out about the covid fatalities incurred on the teams....right?

Sure, there will be some infected..but probably less so than in the returning student bodies at universities.
Not in the Big 10. They put it all on hold until further notice due to many and severe Covid outbreaks at Rutgers, Michigan State, Iowa, and others

Reaction Score
Yeah, except it would kind a be the opposite. The rest of the NCAA would be out of the P5 championships. People tend to focus on the highest level of collegiate competition.
I’m not totally convinced of that. Who is paying big money for a 16 Team basketball tournament? Just as one example. Because any more than that and you have an nba situation with losing teams making the tournament. And in other sports will people really want to watch a hockey tournament with BC and the six Big 10 teams and Arizona State? There are some really good “mid” major baseball programs. If the NCAA had the guts, and Mark doesn’t, and stood up to the P5 with a leave or stay under our rules, my guess is the P5 would grouse but ultimately back down.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
You’re in Florida, aren’t you? Just perfect LMAO

Actually not...I am in a very rural part of western North Carolina....

lol so much better

I really wanted to avoid this cesspool-worthy thread, but I just can't ignore this level of do uchebaggery.

Rocktheworld, you think you automatically know better than someone because of their geography? Is there enough space in this chatroom for your ego? Grow up. Whatever point you have is undermined by being such an obtuse jerk; you've invalidated your own intellect. We are all Husky fans here, be better.

Reaction Score
I’m not totally convinced of that. Who is paying big money for a 16 Team basketball tournament? Just as one example. Because any more than that and you have an nba situation with losing teams making the tournament. And in other sports will people really want to watch a hockey tournament with BC and the six Big 10 teams and Arizona State? There are some really good “mid” major baseball programs. If the NCAA had the guts, and Mark doesn’t, and stood up to the P5 with a leave or stay under our rules, my guess is the P5 would grouse but ultimately back down.

I don't think there will be any basketball tournaments unless all players involved test negative the night before it starts. Basketball is much more friendly to the Covid 19 virus than football is.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
where the Covid 19 virus is subjected to things that make it very hard for the virus to infect anyone, colder temperatures, ultraviolet radiation, wind and rain.

Are you serious?

Reaction Score
Are you serious?
If you mean outdoors, which you left out after editing my post, the answer is yes. People infected in hospitals, nursing homes, bars, gyms, their homes, have one thing in common they were all infected indoors. The number of people infected at the beach, walking in the woods, playing baseball, tennis, golf, or even driving their car on the highway is close to zero. If anyone wants to get Covid 19 I suggest going to your local YMCA gym for a basketball pickup game.

Reaction Score
If you mean outdoors, which you left out after editing my post, the answer is yes. People infected in hospitals, nursing homes, bars, gyms, their homes, have one thing in common they were all infected indoors. The number of people infected at the beach, walking in the woods, playing baseball, tennis, golf, or even driving their car on the highway is close to zero. If anyone wants to get Covid 19 I suggest going to your local YMCA gym for a basketball pickup game.
Do you have any data to back your claim that the number of people infected in these places is "close to zero?"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom