UConn @ Maine (Friday 11/5/21 @ 7:30p @ Alfond Arena & Saturday 11/6/21 @ 7p @ Alfond Arena) Games streamed on ColegeSportsLive.com & on ESPN 97-9 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Maine (Friday 11/5/21 @ 7:30p @ Alfond Arena & Saturday 11/6/21 @ 7p @ Alfond Arena) Games streamed on ColegeSportsLive.com & on ESPN 97-9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It strikes me watching this team now compared to our early years in hockey east just how skilled we are now compared to then.
Back then it seemed we had a lot of grinders and just a few skill kids.
We also had huge difficulties getting it out of our own end and having sloppy turnovers in the neutral zone.
Cav and the staff have done a great job building the roster to where we are now.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Rugger did all the work. Not many participants tonight but we were well behaved.
Glad to stand in for Medic, but there is truly only one of him. I’ll be glad to have him back next game, because I’ll be at the game! Pumped for this one!

Reaction Score
Not to beat a dead horse but the Courant with nothing regarding this team in the Sunday page.

Reaction Score
@Viet Vet how was the game experience last night? Great crowd.
Fantastic environment. Students (aka "Maineiacs") start lining up in the cold hours before the game, and FILL the entire upper deck behind the visitors' goal. The place rocks. UConn student body should embarrassed by their piddling support in Hartford. The long drive to Orono was tedious, but worth taking five of six points.

If the XL Center doesn't have at least 5,000 in-the-seats Friday against BC, I'll be ashamed of my alma mater. Maine had 3,790 and 3,781 for a winless team.

Of note, during the break between periods 2 and 3 last night (Saturday), the Maine band played........................get this.................Brass Bonanza! Doubt they knew the significance to us. I sure didn't enlighten them.

Reaction Score
Gotta get up there one wknd.

Are we gonna be ranked for the 1st time(?) this fri and BC won’t be?

BC is #14/15 right now and they had an OTL loss to Merrimack!?!?!?

BC 5-4-1 and we’re 6-3-0
UConn w/ a KRACH of 26
BC w/ a KRACH of 33

UConn pairwise - 16!
BC pairwise - 31

Mon morning is gonna be sweet!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Fantastic environment. Students (aka "Maineiacs") start lining up in the cold hours before the game, and FILL the entire upper deck behind the visitors' goal. The place rocks. UConn student body should embarrassed by their piddling support in Hartford. The long drive to Orono was tedious, but worth taking five of six points.

If the XL Center doesn't have at least 5,000 in-the-seats Friday against BC, I'll be ashamed of my alma mater. Maine had 3,790 and 3,781 for a winless team.

Of note, during the break between periods 2 and 3 last night (Saturday), the Maine band played........................get this.................Brass Bonanza! Doubt they knew the significance to us. I sure didn't enlighten them.
I agree it would be embarrassing not to have a good crowd on Friday, but what the heck else is there to do in Orono on a weekend?

Reaction Score
I agree it would be embarrassing not to have a good crowd on Friday, but what the heck else is there to do in Orono on a weekend?
There are three really cool brewpubs a quarter-mile from campus. The students go there AFTER the hockey game, not during.

Reaction Score
Gotta get up there one wknd.

Are we gonna be ranked for the 1st time(?) this fri and BC won’t be?

BC is #14/15 right now and they had an OTL loss to Merrimack!?!?!?

BC 5-4-1 and we’re 6-3-0
UConn w/ a KRACH of 26
BC w/ a KRACH of 33

UConn pairwise - 16!
BC pairwise - 31

Mon morning is gonna be sweet!
You all know I bleed UConn blue and white (class of "74). But let's pause for a moment, before we go nuts over rankings. In both the Kratch and Pairwise, we rank above only teams we have defeated (SH, BU, Dartmouth, Northeastern and Maine x2), and rank below a team we have lost to twice (Ohio State). Let's beat BC, who, while ranked below us, have "street cred". Then we can talk turkey.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
There are three really cool brewpubs a quarter-mile from campus. The students go there AFTER the hockey game, not during.
Well, in all fairness, they can walk to the game. Until we have an on campus facility it’s all apples and oranges.

Reaction Score
Well, in all fairness, they can walk to the game. Until we have an on campus facility it’s all apples and oranges.
Yes. I've been playing that tune for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom