UConn LB Darrian Beavers staying true to his faith as he makes immediate impact (Fuller) | The Boneyard

UConn LB Darrian Beavers staying true to his faith as he makes immediate impact (Fuller)

Reaction Score
UConn’s Darrian Beavers staying true to his faith, making an impact on field

>>“He’s pretty athletic; he’s one of those guys who has that natural ability but he’s not polished yet,” Edsall said. “That’s one of the things that we have to continue to work with on, get him to understand the finer points and understand it’s going to be more than just his athletic ability and speed that he has coming off the edge. He has to work the technique, and he’s never done it before. He had a couple of sacks against SMU that were very impressive, but then when you put it on film, they see you and they go after you a little bit. He’ll just continue to get better, as long as he listens to what we tell him to do.

“I talked to him yesterday; he texted me last night and said, ‘Coach, I will be better.’ When you get that, you know they’ve heard you, so that’s encouraging.”<<

Reaction Score
UConn’s Darrian Beavers staying true to his faith, making an impact on field

>>“He’s pretty athletic; he’s one of those guys who has that natural ability but he’s not polished yet,” Edsall said. “That’s one of the things that we have to continue to work with on, get him to understand the finer points and understand it’s going to be more than just his athletic ability and speed that he has coming off the edge. He has to work the technique, and he’s never done it before. He had a couple of sacks against SMU that were very impressive, but then when you put it on film, they see you and they go after you a little bit. He’ll just continue to get better, as long as he listens to what we tell him to do.

“I talked to him yesterday; he texted me last night and said, ‘Coach, I will be better.’ When you get that, you know they’ve heard you, so that’s encouraging.”<<

Bringing Jesus back into the huddle, excellent!

Reaction Score
Optional Jesus in the end zone before each game is vastly preferable to mandatory Jesus in the huddle.

Praying together for unity, team spirit and for God's strength and power is a good thing.
I am encouraged that Beavers took the initiative to lead his brothers in prayer.
It's even better if it's initiated by the players on a voluntary basis.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Do we give Diasco credit for bringing this guy to us?
I thought he was on the fence and then the new staff sealed the deal. If I have that wrong, then I will go with the 'blind squirrel finds a nut' adage.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Do we give Diasco credit for bringing this guy to us?

No.

Because Beavers was the one, if I'm not mistaken, that said on video how the new staff during their visit was "night and day" from the other staff. He committed on 1/22, well after Disastro was gone... :)

Reaction Score
Gotta reluctantly give Diasco 1/2 the credit!! And he's not a tight end. Need to get more religous, 40QPR students from Ohio who can play!!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Gotta reluctantly give Diasco 1/2 the credit!!

Nope. Once you find that video of what Darrian says about the two coaching staffs, you'll realize there is no credit to be had by the Disco company...

Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe @ The Day: Promising LB Darrian Beavers growing into new position at UConn

>>Ohio State offered Beavers a preferred walk-on position. Ball State, Miami of Ohio, Army and Bowling Green were some of the teams that offered him a scholarship. But Edsall convinced him to switch positions and come to UConn. What drew Beavers to Storrs?

"I just wanted to stand out," Beavers said. "I wanted to be the guy that everyone looks at. I wanted to become a star. ... I knew this was the right fit for me. I knew I was going to play early and I just wanted to showcase what I can do just so I can hopefully have a better chance to get to the next level."<<

Reaction Score
Praying together for unity, team spirit and for God's strength and power is a good thing.
I am encouraged that Beavers took the initiative to lead his brothers in prayer.
It's even better if it's initiated by the players on a voluntary basis.
In your opinion...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom