UConn in the Summer League | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn in the Summer League

Reaction Score
Somewhere along the way he learned how to finish at the rim.
I know it sounds basic, but as I mentioned several times while in college, Tyres wouldn’t always have his eyes really focused just over the rim or the box sweet spot on the backboard. Now if you watch his replays closely he is visually locked in on one spot or the other. It makes a huge difference, and was something that did not come naturally to Tyres. But, it really slows down the game for him and makes him much more effective.

Reaction Score
LAS VEGAS — Here’s a quick rundown of Tuesday’s top performances at the NBA 2K23 Summer League, which took place at Thomas & Mack Center and Cox Pavilion:

Tyrese Martin, Atlanta Hawks

Tyrese Martin scores 21 points to help the Hawks knock off the Heat 95-88 in NBA 2K23 Summer League play.
After dribbling between his legs, Martin drove to his left, picked up his dribble and pulled up for jumper. After the shot sank into the net, Martin held out his right hand by his right knee to suggest his defender was “too small.”

Not the case. Martin just mastered his timing well enough to throw Miami Heat guard Marcus Garrett off balance. In the Hawks’ 9588 win over Miami, Martin showed the kind of sharp decision making that partly explains why Atlanta drafted him at No. 51.

Martin finished with 21 points while shooting 9-for-14 from the field and 2-for-5 from 3 along with six rebounds. It’s not exactly clear what role Martin will have next season. But the Hawks have one roster spot open. That spot might ultimately go to Martin.

Reaction Score
I love how his game fits the NBA. He couldn't do this at UConn because players can sit in zones, or play deep enough off their man for help. In the NBA, the game is spread out and if you hang out in a lane too long you get hit with a defensive 3 second technical. The NBA is made for transition hoops and driving lanes. NBA players will make millions shooting off of that short corner so defenders are hesitant to help. He will do well as he improves his dribbling and shooting.
I know part of the problem is we didn't have enough offensive players to keep people honest besides Cole outside but he also looks more assertive as he seemed to defer too much on offense and his handle looks tighter. Plus maybe Cole taught him on using the hesitation dribble as I don't remember Martin using that much at UCONN.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Tyres and Josh are easy to root for. Both good kids. CV is a smart kid, if someone gives him the opportunity of time, he would figure it out. But, with all the talent knocking on the NBA doors, time is a short lived commodity.
You claim to be an “insider” and can’t even spell our players names correctly lmao. It’s Tyrese. Not Tyres.

Reaction Score
You claim to be an “insider” and can’t even spell our players names correctly lmao. It’s Tyrese. Not Tyres.
I apologize for the auto spell typos - it is what it is and can’t be corrected in after 5 minutes. Read whatever you want into it - LOL - You should see some of spellings in the texts I get.
At any rate, read the context, you might learn something, but probably not.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I apologize for the auto spell typos - it is what it is and can’t be corrected in after 5 minutes. Read whatever you want into it - LOL - You should see some of spellings in the texts I get.
At any rate, read the context, you might learn something, but probably not.
Probably not from you. You’re correct.

Reaction Score
Wow, we really slept on Tyrese. The Boneyard was higher on Diggins and Floyd.

Attachments

• 322BAF2A-5B5F-4D62-9633-A4C2E64242B7.jpeg
    322BAF2A-5B5F-4D62-9633-A4C2E64242B7.jpeg
    401.5 KB · Views: 163
Reaction Score
Probably not from you. You’re correct.
Couldn’t have said it better when Chief saw your tagline.

Reaction Score
Bouk better be worried about Bryce McGowens, once he gets done with rehab he needs to get to work

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Is Charlotte just not going to play Whaley? Wtffffff
Maybe saving him for the regular season opener???? :p
I don't get it either - should let him explore other options - the only good he could get, if at all possible, is practicing against some of these guys.
Wasting AWs talents for sure

Reaction Score
Bouk better be worried about Bryce McGowens, once he gets done with rehab he needs to get to work
Yep came here to post the same thing.. His stat line last night was worrisome

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Watching it now on tape delay! Love being able to watch our guys throughout the summer! A little Josh Carlton to boot. One thing with the Hawks if you’re keeping a 6 ft pg his name shouldn’t be Cooper. RJ could do better

Reaction Score
Will TMart and Ettiene compete for minutes? Ettiene was a beast today

Reaction Score
Will TMart and Ettiene compete for minutes? Ettiene was a beast today
They won't both be on the roster. They have one roster spot and one two-way spot available. Etienne is on the same type of contract as Whaley, so he is likely to be in the G League, unless they really like him after summer league, in which case they can sign him to one of those two spots and Martin would likely get the other.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom