UConn in the Summer League | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn in the Summer League

Reaction Score
Another strong game for Tyrese. Put up 21/3/4 and made some plays on defense. It was not his most efficient outing but he is basically the #1 option for Atlanta at this point, initiating a lot of the offense by himself.

Atlanta finishes summer league 2 - 3. Happy Tyrese got his contract, can't wait to see him check into a real NBA game for the first time.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Another strong game for Tyrese. Put up 21/3/4 and made some plays on defense. It was not his most efficient outing but he is basically the #1 option for Atlanta at this point, initiating a lot of the offense by himself.

Atlanta finishes summer league 2 - 3. Happy Tyrese got his contract, can't wait to see him check into a real NBA game for the first time.
Tyrese put them in position to win love that kid

Reaction Score
Looks like Whaley isn't getting a single second of playing time. Understandable today, but I can't see why he didn't get a garbage minute or two in the game where Charlotte was blown out

Reaction Score
RJ Cole has 5 pts for the Lakers last night in SL.

Also had 1 Rebound and 1 TO in 13:16.

Do you think he goes the G-League route like Vital? Or just goes to Europe?
It amazes me in a good way that he is getting such consideration at his size given their size bias .
I don’t remember Ryan Boatright ever getting that kind of look and in many ways was superior to R J . The only thing I could think of is the NBA questioned RB’s ability to be a lead guard. He had only one year’s experience, and missed a lot of games due to injury.

Reaction Score
It amazes me in a good way that he is getting such consideration at his size given their size bias .
I don’t remember Ryan Boatright ever getting that kind of look and in many ways was superior to R J . The only thing I could think of is the NBA questioned RB’s ability to be a lead guard. He had only one year’s experience, and missed a lot of games due to injury.
Boatright actually did play in Summer League, as well as for at least three different G League Teams. So unfortunate that being that small is such a huge disadvantage .

Edit: He played for the Nets in preseason as well. Former UConn Guard Ryan Boatright Waived By Nets

Reaction Score
Boatright actually did play in Summer League, as well as for at least three different G League Teams. So unfortunate that being that small is such a huge disadvantage .

He also got a two way so he actually got 75k from the NBA. He left the G League to get paid well overseas. Hopefully RJ can follow in his footsteps and set his family up.

Reaction Score

Agree, well deserved. Good to see Tyrese’s hard work and toughness paying dividends. If Danny is looking for a develop into an NBA player narrative - this story may prove to be it. Taking someone not on the NBA radar and giving a guy who is willing to work the support he needs to fulfill his dreams. That’s actually the UConn narrative developed by Jim Calhoun.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score

Love the announcer shouting as Tyrese tied the game with a drive in traffic: "Tyrese Martin, a freight train to the rim!"

Reaction Score
Looks like Whaley isn't getting a single second of playing time. Understandable today, but I can't see why he didn't get a garbage minute or two in the game where Charlotte was blown out
Not sure why they even picked him up. They have a lot of bigs on their SL roster already, including a guy already on their main roster as well as their first round pick this year.

Would have loved to see Whaley get some burn. I don’t think his playstyle is suited for the modern NBA, but he’s a work horse.

Reaction Score
Not sure why they even picked him up. They have a lot of bigs on their SL roster already, including a guy already on their main roster as well as their first round pick this year.

Would have loved to see Whaley get some burn. I don’t think his playstyle is suited for the modern NBA, but he’s a work horse.
Whaley needs to hang out and emulate fellow NC native Anthony Gill. I've always (for the last 2 yrs that Whaley actually played) thought he had a very similar frame and game...not much of a 3 game to speak of, efficient 1.5 way scorer - ya I said it (around the basket and at least a threat out to around the foul line) - solid defender 3-5, and a fellow undrafted guy

Gill just signed a 2yr deal with wizards.

Reaction Score
gotta love summer league

melton to the sixers. he better fuckn deliver

happy for Tyrese…I already knew he’d make it

Poe

Reaction Score
Tyrese’s all around game is reminding me a lot of Caron. Obviously Caron was a lottery pick, carried UConn and had a very good and long nba career, but I see some similarities in their game.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Give Sampson some credit here, I like Josh but I did not walk away from a game thinking he had great hands.
His hands did improve a lot over past 2 seasons
That was one thing that Sampson said Josh had to improve on - turning his hands into a catchers mitt rather than concrete
Josh will be earning some nice money playing basketball

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
He's going to be hooping 24 hours a day.

Reaction Score
Give Sampson some credit here, I like Josh but I did not walk away from a game thinking he had great hands.
His hands improved greatly during his time at UConn. As a frosh he would grab a rebound and have the ball taken away from him. His hands kept improving all the way though UConn and Houston.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom