UConn hires former Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe to conduct a “review” of the athletic department | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn hires former Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe to conduct a “review” of the athletic department

Reaction Score
I'm saying this shows our hoped-for ultimate landing spots (obviously ACC more likely than Big10) that we are professionally run, invest in our affairs/bring in experts when needed, and will spend money to do so.

Im so sorry CTFAN but what a bunch of total BS.

1. Our past and most recent actions by the Department and AD have shown anything but being a professional organization
2. The department and school are run by the state of CT, investment has been questionable at best and please tell me what "experts" have been employed - this guy Beebe is a proven flop.
3. UConn wastes money more than it spends
Some pretty broad statements you make - what are your details?

Reaction Score
This is a good first step to show UConn is coming up with a plan to get out of our FB dumpster fire situation and into a P5 or P4 conference.

Reaction Score
I like the idea but isn’t there someone better than Beebe?

Reaction Score
some of you just don't think strategic

We have a GREAT future Independent football schedule. We play regional - with all the basics covered. Army, UMass, Temple, Buffalo, BC, Syracuse, Maryland. Plus money games. There is no reason to take a next call from CUSA. Unless they offer us the full $36 m Exit pool of money or 90% plus.

And Conference for us - repeat after me - is about MSG and good hoop for WBB and MBB

Reaction Score
We would have been better off paying for an offensive coordinator who WAS ONE to begin with! Our O-line and offense have suffered due to this mistake. Quite frankly the AD and Board of Trustees would be better off scheduling a sit down for a tarot card reading with Wana. She is located on RT 17 in Middletown on the right side of the road heading south. This football program needs a cleansing bigtime!

Reaction Score
Maybe Beebe was hired to act as our incognito lobbyist to pitch us to the B12 as a football only addition. B12 could add two football only schools to get to 14 (Boise and UCONN). Expansion is about TV markets as much as it is about quality of the team...and we could get good fast with a conference upgrade. Travel is not an issue when it is just football.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom