UConn has the 42nd largest FOOTBALL fanbase in college football | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn has the 42nd largest FOOTBALL fanbase in college football

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The methodology is flawed (likely by intent). If you include (soon to be) Texas and Oklahoma as SEC schools, there are three maybe four non-SEC schools who could argue that they have a better and/or larger fan base than Tennessee and Syracuse is not one of them.

If Cuse had a Stadium that could hold 90k, 95k, 100k they would be less than 50% filled against anyone except maybe Penn St (and that would be if PSU brought 60k fans).
It should be a very easy calculation. Home game attendance + TV viewers = size of fan base.

If you wanted to add anything else to that, you could add annual merch sales from Fanatics.

Geography, alumni base and any other metric are irrelevant in determining the true fans base.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
It should be a very easy calculation. Home game attendance + TV viewers = size of fan base.

If you wanted to add anything else to that, you could add annual merch sales from Fanatics.

Geography, alumni base and any other metric are irrelevant in determining the true fans base.
A fanbase includes T-shirt fans and fairweather fans. Plenty of people are UConn football fans but they aren’t going to sit for four hours to watch a bad product.

Reaction Score
So this says based on fanbase we sho have beatout Lville for an acc spot and RU for a B1G spot.
If Mora can field a competitive team sounds we are in a market where we can consistently fill the Rent and get TV eyeballs..

Hope that is true.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So this says based on fanbase we sho have beatout Lville for an acc spot and RU for a B1G spot.
If Mora can field a competitive team sounds we are in a market where we can consistently fill the Rent and get TV eyeballs..

Hope that is true.
No, it doesn’t say that at all since both of those teams are already in their respective conferences. If you were paying attention the, oh I don’t know half a million times those choices were discussed on the boneyard, you know the underlying reasons for them.

Reaction Score
No, it doesn’t say that at all since both of those teams are already in their respective conferences. If you were paying attention the, oh I don’t know half a million times those choices were discussed on the boneyard, you know the underlying reasons for them.
I have been paying attention for quite a while and lost hours I will never get back on the conference realignment board.

I am saying we have always been good candidate market wise. You are correct this has been discussed for years.

Just hoping when the realignment wheel-of-fortune spins again we hit jackpot and not bankrupt.

Reaction Score

I am not a fan of 99% of the football teams I watch on TV and I am sure it is the same for a lot of people, so why would TV viewers be a good model to determine fans or fanbase?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I am not a fan of 99% of the football teams I watch on TV and I am sure it is the same for a lot of people, so why would TV viewers be a good model to determine fans or fanbase?
Rooting interest is irrelevant IMO. The more eyeballs a team gets, the more fans their brand has.

If you watch a lot of Alabama football, even if it’s because you “hate” Bama, you’re still part of their fanbase because you’re giving them your attention each week and they are making money off that attention…

Reaction Score
Rooting interest is irrelevant IMO. The more eyeballs a team gets, the more fans their brand has.

If you watch a lot of Alabama football, even if it’s because you “hate” Bama, you’re still part of their fanbase because you’re giving them your attention each week and they are making money off that attention…
You have that backwards. The whole project is to determine the fanbase to maximize eyeballs. You are using the dependent variable to attempt to determine the independent variable. The goal of the fanbase sizes study was to determine which teams to put in the top slots for TV that would have the highest fanbase, thus maximizing eyeballs. By simply looking at eyeballs you would be taking teams that have previously been in the best time slots on the best networks and counting in order to determine who should be in the best slots on the best networks. Never mind the fact that looking at it that way would have expanded Cincinnati's "fanbase" something like 5 to 10 fold this year from last, which no one would say is anywhere near accurate.

Reaction Score
The big take away is that 92% of fans cheer for the "Autonomous 5" teams...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom