UCONN grad from Hartford - Largest Athletic Donation in School History | The Boneyard

UCONN grad from Hartford - Largest Athletic Donation in School History

Reaction Score
"In deciding to support UConn student-athletes for generations to come with the largest athletic donation in the university history, Trisha Bailey recognized the immeasurable value of her own experience as a member of the Huskies’ track team in the 1990s."

"Bailey’s donation — exact amount unspecified, by her request — is the lead gift toward a $60 million renovation and expansion of Greer Fieldhouse, where she spent so much time in training as a sprinter and middle-distance runner while a UConn student."

Reaction Score
Wow…

“Bailey is the latest former student-athlete to lead such a project, joining Peter Werth (basketball and beyond), Doug Elliott (baseball), Tony Rizza (soccer and performance center). Dan Toscano, a UConn graduate and the chair of the board of trustees, is the lead donor for the hockey arena.

The largest announced donation is the $7.5 million Werth gave toward construction of basketball’s Werth Champions Center. Rizza gave $8 million, in two separate pledges, toward the performance center and Morrone Stadium. Other single donations, kept private, have surpassed that. Bailey’s gift is more than all of them. It is also the largest single donation ever made by a UConn alum to the university. “

Reaction Score
I've gotta believe some of our successful basketball stars have donated quite a bit over the years.

I'm kind of surprised they are still renovating Greer. I haven't been inside in ages so I don't know what parts are still there.

A rowing tank

1665757795313.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom