UConn Football Commit Victor Rosa - 2021 CT Gatorade Player of the Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Commit Victor Rosa - 2021 CT Gatorade Player of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's the size of the fight in the man: Wes Welker 5'9" and Julian Edelman 5'10" are examples. :)
I actually believe being short as a running back and slot receiver is advantageous. Shorter backs seem to hide behind the linemen and squirts out the other side. It seems the bigger guys have a harder time wrapping up the smaller guys. In the slot speed and shiftiness seems to be more important than height. Not sure if this is true or not, but just my observation from watching guys like Danny Whitehead and Welker/Edelman.

Reaction Score
I have this vision of Rosa playing QB position, Nate Carter in the RB position and Brewton running the jet sweep. I'm pretty sure that lineup would generate a tremendous ground game.

Alas creativity like that is reserved for the Coastal Carolina's of the world. God forbid we ever try anything that isn't vanilla based.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have this vision of Rosa playing QB position, Nate Carter in the RB position and Brewton running the jet sweep. I'm pretty sure that lineup would generate a tremendous ground game.

Alas creativity like that is reserved for the Coastal Carolina's of the world. God forbid we ever try anything that isn't vanilla based.

That's true, but we had 2 interesting (and by our standards, successful) offensive weeks while Mazzone was around. All we had to do was get a little distance from randy, and the offense almost looked like a real offense.

We have no reason to believe that Charlton and Mora can't do that and more with our offense next year. They have yet to let us down.

Reaction Score

Mora has already said Rosa will be a RB though.

Reaction Score
Wildcat QB. He has to be considered for some QB snaps given how painfully thin we are at the position. I think he would be great at it. Mora wants Dual threat QB's, here's one with 4.4 speed. All options should be on the table, leave no stone unturned.
He also wants one who can throw the ball. Wildcat fine, pass the ball no. I think Coach Mora will know best how to use this young man on the field.

Reaction Score
Wildcat QB. He has to be considered for some QB snaps given how painfully thin we are at the position. I think he would be great at it. Mora wants Dual threat QB's, here's one with 4.4 speed. All options should be on the table, leave no stone unturned.
To put it kindly, Rosa’s strength was not as a passer. He is quick twitch, tough as nails, with great vision and football speed.

Reaction Score
If you listened to what Mora said about Rosa he said in the playoff game he threw 4 picks but was heavily pressured all night but he also made some nice throws. Kind of hinted if he's in as a wildcat Qb Mora he could throw the ball.

Reaction Score
Tweeted pix of the 2 lads by Victor's parents:

008.jpg

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Rosa has extra tassels. National Honor society perhaps?
We were up at UConn for orientation a month ago or so. We found a green cord with a 2022 on it right next to Jonathan. My wife and I decided it would be funny if my son wore it to his graduation and he agreed. I can guarantee nobody else in his school had a green cord. Would have been funnier if it was his only one, but he had a couple others so it wasn't as obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom