UConn - Florida post game thread | The Boneyard

UConn - Florida post game thread

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow what a complete win
1670472890783.png

Reaction Score
Well offensively we played like our C/C- game and we destroyed them.

Clingan was the best player on the court and player of the game and when he wasn't out there Sanogo was the best player on the floor along with Hawk. Hawk is becoming very Rip and Ray like with his constant movement/sprinting off off screens.

Our defense is always great and defense travels. Florida was totally demoralized with about 6 minutes left.

All of this happened with our point guards playing horribly and getting nothing from Karaban and Alleyne on offense. The point guard play was unacceptable and Hurley is going to be on them.

I just don't see many losses on the schedule this year, it's getting harder to envision losses when we can play that poorly on the offensive end and still mop up on the road.

Point guard play has to be better and Alleyne has to start giving us something on offense for us to really show how great we are. I know Hurley is all about defense but Joey gives us so much more than the other guys on offense. He was a gigantic pickup.

Reaction Score
Couple points:
  • UConn just absolutely erased Will Richard. Like he didn't exist.
  • Clingan looked like the best player in the country. His hands and coordination are unbelievable for his size.
  • The PGs played like ass. Some of that was the combo of smaller quicker defenders plus Castleton over the top, but gross.
  • Calcaterra keeps doing it. It's absurd.
  • Refs bailed out Florida constantly. And we still won by 21.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Great defensive performance. By both teams. UConn wore Florida down. Sanogo best player. Jackson next best, owned the boards , started fast breaks. Clingan benefits from that but also does the job. He plays D. Ultimately that’s the ID of the team. 10 deep, no let up.

Reaction Score
Well offensively we played like our C/C- game and we destroyed them.

Clingan was the best player on the court and player of the game and when he wasn't out there Sanogo was the best player on the floor along with Hawk. Hawk is becoming very Rip and Ray like with his constant movement/sprinting off off screens.

Our defense is always great and defense travels. Florida was totally demoralized with about 6 minutes left.

All of this happened with our point guards playing horribly and getting nothing from Karaban and Alleyne on offense. The point guard play was unacceptable and Hurley is going to be on them.

I just don't see many losses on the schedule this year, it's getting harder to envision losses when we can play that poorly on the offensive end and still mop up on the road.

Point guard play has to be better and Alleyne has to start giving us something on offense for us to really show how great we are. I know Hurley is all about defense but Joey gives us so much more than the other guys on offense. He was a gigantic pickup.
“With 6 minutes left “ like in the final four.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
We got less than nothing from Newton, Alleyne, and Diarra. Newton had 5 turnovers and Diarra 3. I bet it's the first time in NCAA history that a team gets out shot at the line 28-9 and wins by 20+

Reaction Score
Great defensive performance. By both teams. UConn wore Florida down. Sanogo best player. Jackson next best, owned the boards , started fast breaks. Clingan benefits from that but also does the job. He plays D. Ultimately that’s the ID of the team. 10 deep, no let up.
They couldn't do anything near the basket when Clingan was in there.

caw

Reaction Score
Slight disparity in free throws……..

But I thought big free-throw disparities meant the refs jobbed you and the reason you lost.../s

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom