Uconn fans outside northeast | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Uconn fans outside northeast

Reaction Score
Brookings Oregon, southern coast, 8 miles from California. Where are you located?
I’m in the Portland suburbs. Went to Brookings last year, the Boardman scenic corridor is spectacular!

Reaction Score
I saw UConn gear once in Guatemala. I have not see anything yet in Serbia where I currently am. They love basketball but haven't seen too many TVs, in bars, showing college ball. Maybe 1 or 2 (for obvious reasons mostly due to time difference but they tend to show way more NBA or tennis when Novak is playing).

I'd like to see Hurley or someone on staff come to the Balkans and find a hidden gem who turns out to be the next version of Jokic or Doncic or Divac. This area of the world is under rated for bball talent.

Reaction Score
Looking for a place in the Phoenix area where I can meet up with other husky fans to watch the games this weekend. Went to a bar this past weekend and was the only one there watching the games so the sound wasn't on. Would like to be with other fans.
I have been looking for that place in Phx as well. I was the only Husky at K O'Donnell's in Scottsdale doing UCONN chears by myself. We are Huskies in the wilderness. I am leaving Friday morning for Houston.

Reaction Score
I saw UConn gear once in Guatemala. I have not see anything yet in Serbia where I currently am. They love basketball but haven't seen too many TVs, in bars, showing college ball. Maybe 1 or 2 (for obvious reasons mostly due to time difference but they tend to show way more NBA or tennis when Novak is playing).

I'd like to see Hurley or someone on staff come to the Balkans and find a hidden gem who turns out to be the next version of Jokic or Doncic or Divac. This area of the world is under rated for bball talent.
Perhaps Danny can talk to Geno. Geno recruited Nika Muhl from Croatia. She is tough and fun to watch.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

You've been around the world more than I, but my go to for sports has always been whatever bar the Brits hang out at, because Americans usually go there too. Worked for me when I lived in Sofia.

Reaction Score
Lots of UConn and FGCU fans down here in Fort Myers, ( mostly the women’s teams fans because the FGCU team is always great ).
My brother (also a UCONN alum) moved from CT to Ft. Myers 30+ years ago. He just moved to Estero a few months ago and flies his UCONN flag even though his daughters are USF and FAU alumni.

Reaction Score
Franklin TN here.

I was a season ticket holder for 10+ years. Started going to games in the old field house when I was 5 with my dad. The first year my tickets where $4 a seat in HCC, Perno was the coach. I was at the first Gampel game and at the bonfire at the Quad after the game. The most spectacular thing I witnessed at Gampel was Scott Burrell jumping over Rodney Rogers and steeling the ball in the process.
I proudly where Uconn shirts and Hats all the time in TN.
Huh Can't remember that play what Year was that. Did we play Wake Forest in Gampel.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
You've been around the world more than I, but my go to for sports has always been whatever bar the Brits hang out at, because Americans usually go there too. Worked for me when I lived in Sofia.
My rule of travel is the exact opposite: go the opposite direction of the Brits. The positive is they make American tourist look downright cultured.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My rule of travel is the exact opposite: go the opposite direction of the Brits. The positive is they make American tourist look downright cultured.
We're talking about finding a bar that'll have the game on.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
I’m in the Portland suburbs. Went to Brookings last year, the Boardman scenic corridor is spectacular!
Yes it is, love living here except when we need to get to a doctor. Most are older than me and I'll be 75 in a few weeks.

Reaction Score
Yes, there are a few great bars with a large population of Brits, great people just don't get the whole rugby thing.

Reaction Score
Yes, there are a few great bars with a large population of Brits, great people just don't get the whole rugby thing.
My largest experience with Brits fans was in Paris on New Years Day 1994. I went there prior to a UConn MBA class that I was taking in Maastricht Netherlands (easiest class that I ever took). I was drinking with a bunch of Brits till 5 AM or so and all they could talk about was the fact that Great Britain did not make the World Cup but USA did since we hosted. They were fun to party with and they are passionate about their football.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Fargo North Dakota representing. Originally from Barkhamsted CT. Work may be transferring me to Monterrey MX at some point this year. So I may looking for Mexico watch parties next year.

Wow after those 2 previous locales you are in for a culture shock. signed, Simsbury and Fergus Falls.

Reaction Score
Haha. Thanks man. Amsterdam probably gets the bottom-of-the-barrel, Brits. Essex lads.

The trashiness of Brits on "holiday" is truly a phenomenon that must be experienced to believe. The Algarve, the Balearic islands, Phuket . . . there is not a vacation locale on earth that they can't completely destroy.

Reaction Score
Wow after those 2 previous locales you are in for a culture shock. signed, Simsbury and Fergus Falls.
no doubt. I have to travel to MX on occasion for work. Normally not fancy Monterrey either. Torreon MX.... which is a pretty lousy place. I'm looking forward to moving to be honest. I've seen enough of this country. Interested in really learning a different culture. Wouldn't mind be a bit closer to the ocean either. Even if it is the gulf.

Reaction Score
It sounds like we have a few east Tennessee, upstate SC, and Western North Carolina here. I'd be happy to arrange a meet up in Asheville, NC if anyone is interested and we make it to the title game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom