Uconn fans outside northeast | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Uconn fans outside northeast

Reaction Score
I used to be a UConn fan in Northern California. Ran in to almost no UConn fans, but several Whalers fans. Kind of strange really. But I found very few big fans of college sports at all.

Here in metro Boston, plenty of UConn alumni and fans but they aren't very organized. UConn Alumni Association has a watch location at "The Greatest Bar" in Boston, which is a terrible bar and hard to get to for anyone not in the city itself. We need a metro-west group.
The Alumni Association hosted last year for the hockey East weekend at this bar. We loved it, but we were staying at the Marriott across from TD. I was hoping to go back this year. Next year!

Reaction Score
Hickory is a great small city. Two of my BILs live in the area. I've probably downed 30 milkshakes from the Cookout in Hickory over the years. I'll hit you up if I'm ever in town and there's a UConn game going on.

If you ever need a decent mechanic or a used car, hit me up!
Only 30 milkshakes? That's not even all of the flavors, is it?

Reaction Score
Hickory is a great small city. Two of my BILs live in the area. I've probably downed 30 milkshakes from the Cookout in Hickory over the years. I'll hit you up if I'm ever in town and there's a UConn game going on.

If you ever need a decent mechanic or a used car, hit me up!
Sounds good! Man, their milkshakes are insane

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
We are about an hour south west of Orlando. Live in a 55+ plus community in the unicorporated town of Poinciana.

A lot of UConn fans live here. Saw 3 fans this morning at the Farmer's Market. Had my UConn hat and jacket on, of course.

Reaction Score
Soon to be a Charleston, SC resident (moving from Boston) any local Huskies around?

I'm going to be with a few other UConn alumni in Charleston/Folly Beach this weekend. Is there a good spot to watch the UConn game? If we advance, heading to Houston on Sunday.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
OG Husky in the Baja - Todos Santos, Mexico, BCS. I go back to Field House days. Half the team were fraternity bros...Tom Penders, Bobby Staak, McCrocklin, Bill Holowaty, John Crisp etc. This t-shirt I've been wearing a couple of weeks really needs to be washed but it's got the mojo so stand back.

tshirt.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm glad everyone's found their places, but I gotta say, it was ephing awesome watching the regional back home in CT. Huskymania is back!

Reaction Score
Post/handle

In 7 hrs, I'll be on the yoga mat in Logan Street Market in Louisville, KY.

Over the past 15 months with a primarily close-to-home & light recreational life, I've been wearing an extended visitor's limited wardrobe with long & short-sleeved tees, sweatshirt, hoodie, and baseball cap while shopping Costco/TJs/Aldi/Kroger, morning walking club at the Zoo or across the Big Four Bridge at sunsets & full moonrise, several branches of the YMCA & LFPL, and traversing the maturely-treed streets of Audubon Park with or without granddaughter and/or daughter.

90% of what's around me is UK & UofL gear, though see a Marquette flag up in the neighborhood in the past week.

Whatever small number of comments gets generated by my clothes is friendly. The best was good-natured teasing by an Emergency Department nurse who introduced himself by saying with a smiling nod at my shirt, "I don't know if I can attend to you, sir," then laughing with me in before setting me up nicely in an examination/procedure room in early December.

I did take myself off-route once when I'd come upon & joined a group bike ride in NuLu, but then broke off to unsuccessfully chase a Jeep with a Husky cover on the rear-mounted spare tire.
My 2011 and 2014 post national championship game routine consisted of me running up and down Bardstown road with my Husky flag screaming " U. C. O. N. N. ...... UConn, UConn , UConn !!!! " until I had no voice . A bit older now so I'll be at home with my wife for this final four . If anyone hears a UConn chant from a third floor patio in old Louisville ...... It's us.
Is my wife a fan ? Before she does anything physically demanding like tennis , hiking , digging or lifting weights , she watches ten minutes of Stanley Robinson dunks and just yells. I love her

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A Kansas fan saw my husband a me sitting on the balcony having our evening beverage when she stopped to thank us, profusely, for UConn’s whupping of Arkansas. When I wear my UConn tees around Orlando someone stops me to say they’re from Connecticut or a Big East fan rooting for UConn.

5FB940D0-2C6A-40A6-891D-79CC908F4938.jpeg

Reaction Score
Fargo North Dakota representing. Originally from Barkhamsted CT. Work may be transferring me to Monterrey MX at some point this year. So I may looking for Mexico watch parties next year.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Fargo North Dakota representing. Originally from Barkhamsted CT. Work may be transferring me to Monterrey MX at some point this year. So I may looking for Mexico watch parties next year.
My tip for living in Mexico is find a bar you like with a few TVs, become a regular, tip well. Hell, do that they'll let you watch hockey.

Reaction Score
Here in FAU Country for the week. Tomorrow morning Jalen and the Owls have their sendoff to Houston about 5 minutes from me. Grabbing some FAU swag on Campus but the UConn apparel is always here and starts rotating in tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Looking for a place in the Phoenix area where I can meet up with other husky fans to watch the games this weekend. Went to a bar this past weekend and was the only one there watching the games so the sound wasn't on. Would like to be with other fans.

LADan

Have seen UConn beat Zags twice to get to Final 4
Reaction Score
Toby Kimball made me a UConn fan when I was growing up in Windsor and I never looked back. Incredible that the National Championships and have come not just in men and women hoops but soccer, field hockey and more. !

Reaction Score
In the DMV--district, Maryland, Virginia. Not much of a uconn presence here, except a couple of work colleagues. Proud to wear my sweatshirt

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Five pages in and no other PNW representation? It’s lonely out here in Oregon.
Also, cool shirt in Sick Puppy’s post ^^
Brookings Oregon, southern coast, 8 miles from California. Where are you located?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom