Uconn fans outside northeast | The Boneyard

Uconn fans outside northeast

Reaction Score
I'm at my place in Myrtle beach for the week playing golf and I have seen a ton of Uconn gear: flags outside condos, bags at golf courses, hats and sweaters etc.
The presence is strong down here. I feel safe and protected. Can't doom me for that. It's on

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
Whenever I fly my UConn flag in south Florida I always get a comment about the girls team. Was different when I first moved down here in 2010. First five years they knew what the flag meant. Don’t get me wrong I root for the women’s team and me and the family will watch as my wife played bb for Bristol Eastern and attended many of the Geno camps. But I don’t live and die by their wins and loses. It’s two days away and already have butterfly’s. I hope we win a close game and it has the St Joes effect. One game to make them really believe and I think we are off on a run!!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I'm at my place in Myrtle beach for the week playing golf and I have seen a ton of Uconn gear: flags outside condos, bags at golf courses, hats and sweaters etc.
The presence is strong down here. I feel safe and protected. Can't doom me for that. It's on
That’s Coach Calhoun he has a place in Myrtle

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I was going down in my elevator this morning in West Palm Beach, wearing my UConn hat, and the bellman entered a floor below me.

Guy said he was a UConn hockey season ticket holder & a Greenwich resident until this year when he moved to FL. Nice guy, possibly retired. Knew nothing of hoops. Guess he couldn’t hack the drive to Storrs tho.

Reaction Score
Representing UConn yesterday in the 239.
IMG_20230315_233507_625.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
On the few occasions I do get asked about UConn in person, 95% of the time it's about the women's team. Even my orthopaedic doc, who I'd hope keeps up with men's hoops since he played for Pete Carill (he played Miss St game before we lost to them).

Online, different story. Lots of Pitt fans miss us.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I am in Savannah. Same thing. Especially at the golf courts. Even at Costco's or Sam's. I have UConn carry on I bring on board the plane That stirs up conversation.

rgw

Reaction Score
Franklin TN here.

I was a season ticket holder for 10+ years. Started going to games in the old field house when I was 5 with my dad. The first year my tickets where $4 a seat in HCC, Perno was the coach. I was at the first Gampel game and at the bonfire at the Quad after the game. The most spectacular thing I witnessed at Gampel was Scott Burrell jumping over Rodney Rogers and steeling the ball in the process.
I proudly where Uconn shirts and Hats all the time in TN.

Reaction Score
Franklin TN here.

I was a season ticket holder for 10+ years. Started going to games in the old field house when I was 5 with my dad. The first year my tickets where $4 a seat in HCC, Perno was the coach. I was at the first Gampel game and at the bonfire at the Quad after the game. The most spectacular thing I witnessed at Gampel was Scott Burrell jumping over Rodney Rogers and steeling the ball in the process.
I proudly where Uconn shirts and Hats all the time in TN.
Nice! We got a good middle TN contingent here. @McLovin and I are Nashville area. Oh...and Shea Ralph

Reaction Score
One member of my football season ticket crew is snowbirding in Florida. He invited 3 of us down for a long golf weekend. We are heading down tomorrow morning & will represent Husky Nation in Bonita Springs.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I'm in Myrtle Beach this week as well with a group playing golf.

The UConn golf team is in the area right now. I saw them yesterday on the southern end of Myrtle on Pawleys Island at True Blue on Wednesday.

The northeast presence is strong in this area. Run in to people from Northeast everywhere we go.

I'm out on western panhandle of Florida on the gulf coast. From Destin to Fort Walton Beach, Navarre, Pensacola Beach, Gulf Breeze, Perdido Key, FL and Orange Beach and Gulf Shorea, AL there are plenty of CT license plates.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom