UConn fall baseball roster | The Boneyard

UConn fall baseball roster

Reaction Score
Good news, the fall baseball roster was in plentiful supply at today's alumni game. There are 40 players on the roster sheet. As for the players who were on the team last season, Jack Riley (transferred to UMass Lowell), and Dillon Malandro, who redshirted his freshman year, are not on the fall ball roster. I don't believe Malandro is still at UConn, and I don't know where he ended up. Everyone else who was on the UConn roster last season who did not turn pro or did not use up their collegiate eligibility is on the fall roster. Anyway, here is the list of newcomers to the team:

Fr - Kenny Bergmann - C
Fr - Nick Chiseri - LHP
Sr - Izzy Davila - OF
Jr - Isaac Feldstein - OF - Canada College
Fr - Mason Feole - LHP
Fr - Josh Loeffler - OF
Fr - Ben Maycock - OF
Fr - Conor Moriarty - Inf
Fr - Anthony Nucerino - OF
Fr - Anthony Prato - Inf
Fr - Tommy Sand - Inf
Jr - Avery Santos - RHP - with his name, appropriately he was at Avery Point last season
Fr - Michael Schwartz - LHP
Fr - Dillon Stimpson - RHP
Fr - Jacob Wallace - RHP
Fr - Chris Winkel - OF/Inf

Izzy Davila, a former Avery Point player, was on the fall roster last year.

So it looks like Feldstein is the latest California JUCO import for UConn. This is the first I've heard of him, so when I got home I went looking for him on the internet, and found a short story from July on his committing to UConn. He also played in the Alaska Baseball League this past summer.

University of Connecticut Lands Isaac Feldstein

Reaction Score
Strong work!!!

You get the Gold Husky Award for the week!;)

golden husky.jpg

Reaction Score
UConn Baseball@UConnBaseball 3 hours ago
Congrats to Mason, who will begin his #UConncareer in the spring!

CodBall ‏@codball 21h 21 hours ago
Rhode Island Gatorade Player of the Year, LHP / 1B Mason Feole (@UConnBaseball) will pitch for @WarehamGatemen:​

I'm thinking this is big news for UConn baseball. A player who is yet to pitch in college ball gets selected to play in the Cape Cod League next summer. It happened with Rossomando last year, but it doesn't happen too often with the Huskies. It's an indication of how highly regarded Mason Feole is. The thing I find strange is that the recruiting website perfectgame.org doesn't seem to have ever even heard of Mason Feole.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I'm thinking this is big news for UConn baseball. A player who is yet to pitch in college ball gets selected to play in the Cape Cod League next summer. It happened with Rossomando last year, but it doesn't happen too often with the Huskies. It's an indication of how highly regarded Mason Feole is. The thing I find strange is that the recruiting website perfectgame.org doesn't seem to have ever even heard of Mason Feole.

Especially odd, considering they typically rate our recruits high. This year should be fun.

Reaction Score
Especially odd, considering they typically rate our recruits high. This year should be fun.

It's going to be an interesting year, no doubt. A number of experienced and talented position players are gone, plus Anthony Kay and Patrick Ruotolo. A number of intriguing newcomers will take their place on the roster. It's going to be a learning year to be sure. Still, I expect the strength of the team will be the pitching staff supported by possibly a very strong infield defense. That combination if it gels could win a bunch of games. The biggest question mark is, aside from John Toppa, who else ends up in the outfield.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
UConn baseball twitter has a link to a video where Chris Jones does a quick interview with Coach Penders about how the fall ball season went.

Here's a quick summary of what Penders had to say. The freshmen class position players have brought a real infusion of athleticism to the team. Overall the whole team is more athletic than it has been.

Anthony Prato and Conor Moriarty are fighting it out for the shortstop spot, and both did a good job at it. Prato is outstanding defensively, his bat is relatively consistent. Moriarty had a real good offensive fall, and was solid defensively. Both are working real hard. Chris Winkel's bat has started to come around after coming back from his injury in the spring. Catcher Kenny Bergmann showed a good bat during fall ball. Isaac Feldstein has a lot of juice in his bat, has the potential to hit with power and alleviate some of the drop off in power from losing the various graduating seniors.

Aaron Hill had an excellent fall season, continuing from his play from the summer ball season. He's playing with confidence.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good news, the fall baseball roster was in plentiful supply at today's alumni game. There are 40 players on the roster sheet. As for the players who were on the team last season, Jack Riley (transferred to UMass Lowell), and Dillon Malandro, who redshirted his freshman year, are not on the fall ball roster. I don't believe Malandro is still at UConn, and I don't know where he ended up. Everyone else who was on the UConn roster last season who did not turn pro or did not use up their collegiate eligibility is on the fall roster. Anyway, here is the list of newcomers to the team:

Fr - Kenny Bergmann - C
Fr - Nick Chiseri - LHP
Sr - Izzy Davila - OF
Jr - Isaac Feldstein - OF - Canada College
Fr - Mason Feole - LHP
Fr - Josh Loeffler - OF
Fr - Ben Maycock - OF
Fr - Conor Moriarty - Inf
Fr - Anthony Nucerino - OF
Fr - Anthony Prato - Inf
Fr - Tommy Sand - Inf
Jr - Avery Santos - RHP - with his name, appropriately he was at Avery Point last season
Fr - Michael Schwartz - LHP
Fr - Dillon Stimpson - RHP
Fr - Jacob Wallace - RHP
Fr - Chris Winkel - OF/Inf

Izzy Davila, a former Avery Point player, was on the fall roster last year.

So it looks like Feldstein is the latest California JUCO import for UConn. This is the first I've heard of him, so when I got home I went looking for him on the internet, and found a short story from July on his committing to UConn. He also played in the Alaska Baseball League this past summer.

University of Connecticut Lands Isaac Feldstein

Thank you for this.

After googling a few of these kids ... it is easy to get excited for the next few years of UConn baseball and Jim Penders. And then look at the 2017 schedule. Great exciting games and National in scope. A very excellent Program and all kudos to Coach.

This - by the way - is what Ray Reid should be doing in UConn Men's Soccer. Falling aside in a key sport we care about?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom