Men - UConn Fall Baseball 2021 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Fall Baseball 2021

Reaction Score
… I’m headed out so that’ll probably be my last post till later.

Reaction Score
Erik Stock and Brendan O'Donnell scheduled to get some mound time against URI this coming weekend:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The UConn baseball fall roster on the UConn Athletics website is down to 45 players. LHP Mason Kolean, who transferred in from Bowling Green and sat out last season, and Todd Petersen are no longer listed on the roster.

The UConn baseball fall roster on the UConn Athletics website is now down to 44 players. RHP Joseph Carrea is no longer listed.

Reaction Score
Going Saturday. Exited to see some of the newcomers. Did make it out to the alumni game which is hard to gauge talent since it is a quite informal date I say game. But one thing that was clear is that Donlan has a cannon for an arm. Can’t wait to see the smiths and danas against what is a damn competitive URI team

Reaction Score
Going Saturday. Exited to see some of the newcomers. Did make it out to the alumni game which is hard to gauge talent since it is a quite informal date I say game. But one thing that was clear is that Donlan has a cannon for an arm. Can’t wait to see the smiths and danas against what is a damn competitive URI team

Have to think Matt Donlan so far with all the tweets and playing time he is getting that so far he has emerged as the number 1 catcher, although I would think freshman Matt Garbowski will get some time behind the plate as well. Also would think that with the announcement that Reggie Crawford will be the D.H. on Saturday games and the starting pitcher on Sundays that Ben Huber with all the attention he is getting will more than likely probably be the main candidate to fill the void at 1B when Crawford is elsewhere. Casey Dana is also getting plenty of attention from tweets, as is David Smith. That's a bunch of newcomers to the UConn playing roster possibly getting into the starting lineup for next season. Of course, UConn was going to have a newcomer at catcher no matter what.

Reaction Score
Reggie plan… Friday @ 1st, Saturday @ DH, Sunday on the mound:

Coach Penders in this interview outlines the use of Reggie Crawford for the coming year. While Penders hopes that Crawford will be able to go 6 or 7 innings as the Sunday starting pitcher, he acknowledges that Crawford has not done that yet, the longest Crawford has gone in his starts this fall is 3 innings. So sooner or later Crawford will have to show to himself and the coaching staff that he can get built up and handle those additional innings. Penders expects that Crawford should be able to do it, but he has to show he can get there.

Reaction Score
This mic'd up really missed the mark with me. I usually love these but too much non-baseball banter and not enough ball. Every party has it's pooper and apparently today that is me. As a woman baseball fan, I could do without the talk of "chicks loving the long ball" and more baseball content. Hoping they leave the locker room talk in the locker room next time.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I've never listened to a mic'd up, but given these are college age men at a practice, this was less locker room than I expected. It's just a glimpse into the person behind the player.

Reaction Score
This mic'd up really missed the mark with me. I usually love these but too much non-baseball banter and not enough ball. Every party has it's pooper and apparently today that is me. As a woman baseball fan, I could do without the talk of "chicks loving the long ball" and more baseball content. Hoping they leave the locker room talk in the locker room next time.

LMAO. If people are having a conversation that you'd prefer not to hear, I hate to point out the obvious but it's easier to stop listening than to expect that they will converse in the manner you'd prefer.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't expect anyone to converse in a different manner and don't remember saying that I did. I was just stating my opinion that I prefer more baseball talk/action/commentary. Yes we are getting a glimpse of the person behind the player but they are still representing the team. I'd expect this on a personal video but not a team affiliated video posted on social media. I was a bit surprised whoever edited it kept it in. If you want to see excellent mic'd up videos def check out Reggie's YouTube channel. He does a really good job and they are def worth a view.

Reaction Score
wowow

it'd baseball. PA guys. Just a smidge of flavor.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I wish this game was after the football game. I would have loved to see some of the newcomers. I hate when the athletic department schedules against itself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom