UConn/Baylor Game Cancelled | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn/Baylor Game Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe, however Kim has added responsibility that most of us don't. Not to beat that smelly ole dead horse, but she appears to have been reckless.
Reckless???? That's simply a ridiculous take

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maybe, however Kim has added responsibility that most of us don't. Not to beat that smelly ole dead horse, but she appears to have been reckless.

I don't know about that Moose. We get sentimental around the holidays, and want to cleave to our family members, some of whom we haven't seen since last Christmas. Agree that because of her position and added responsibility to the team, she should have exercised EXTREME caution.

Did you see on the local news all of the folks that threw caution to the wind, and got on an airplane for points all over the world? You know some of them returned carrying the virus, but they figured they were safe. Nothing was going to happen to them. :confused: Crap happens!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would be ecstatic if WBB even gets to the Big Dance this year. As for UConn’s seeding, I don’t really care. Although, I do like Geno’s analogy to Casablanca, where he indicated that with all the cancelled OOC games this season, the NCAA Selection Committee will simply, “Round up the usual suspects.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Last year, seeding mattered alot more because we were clearly weaker than SC, OR and Baylor and we were trying to squeeze into the 4/5 spot to avoid them. Now I think we are competitive with anyone. Bring anyone on in any order.

Reaction Score
Ok Baylor do have a assistant coach right? Test the players and Let Kim get well. Let the game play on. They are doing this Covid testing all wrong. If 1 person or player test positive then they should sit out but if the rest of team is negative then play. is really frustrating hope UConn didn’t leave for Texas that would be a waste of money and trip

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I hate to say this, but Louisville doesn’t need UConn right now. Louisville will get solid competition in the ACC, and has a very good chance to run the table. NC St is the only real challenge on the schedule, and I honestly don’t think the Wolfpack is up to it.

So worst case Louisville heads into the tournament, assuming we have one, as the #2 overall seed, and maybe #1 if someone in the Pac12 knocks off Stanford.

Underestimate the Wolfpack at your own peril.... I see no reason that the Pack can't beat the dirty birds

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I don't know about that Moose. We get sentimental around the holidays, and want to cleave to our family members, some of whom we haven't seen since last Christmas. Agree that because of her position and added responsibility to the team, she should have exercised EXTREME caution.

Did you see on the local news all of the folks that threw caution to the wind, and got on an airplane for points all over the world? You know some of them returned carrying the virus, but they figured they were safe. Nothing was going to happen to them. :confused: Crap happens!!!
Yes it does. However as you stated we all have family that we want to be with. I have one of my closest relatives an aunt 99 years old with failing health she will be 100 in March and can't understand why I have not been to see her since last January. Until otherwise I am a 2 time cancer survivor and can't jeopardize my health and refuse to jeopardize her health either. It sucks, but we should do the right thing. I'm done I have already said too much, you know how I feel. Stay safe!

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I spent Christmas and New Years at home with my wife. We FaceTimed everyone else. I would much rather have spent the holidays with my son and his family, or my brother and his family, but missing one holiday season with family pales in comparison to the possibility of spreading this terrible virus.
Ditto. Original plans to fly to a Thanksgiving with my son and Daughter-in-Law (1000 miles distant) were postponed to Christmas-time. That plan was scrapped in favor of driving right through 15 hours after being tested and isolating. That too had to be cancelled due to unprecedented surge. On the heels of other COVID-caused life impacts, and the general tone of the nation right now, sadness bordering on depression was the result.

I ended up buying video conference web cams (surprisingly cheap) and my son and I set things up so that our TVs appeared to be like windows between their dinner table and ours. Our other set of kids (500 miles in the opposite direction) Zoomed in numerous times also. We dined, had activities like cooking, movie watching, game playing and hours of conversation all done virtually together with full voice and picture. We got through it and made the best of a bad situation.

I kept thinking about what my parents went through in their lives. If they got through the Great Depression and WWII (and without the tech we have to keep connected), I thought, we should be able to get through this easy. Its not always fun, but you do what needs to be done to protect yourself, your family, and your fellow citizens.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Underestimate the Wolfpack at your own peril.... I see no reason that the Pack can't beat the dirty birds
I guess my problem with the Wolfpack is that I watched the game at BC. Had the BC HC done anything at all to settle her team down in the 4th qtr, the Wolfpack has a bad loss on their schedule and they’re lucky to still be a top-10 team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I guess my problem with the Wolfpack is that I watched the game at BC. Had the BC HC done anything at all to settle her team down in the 4th qtr, the Wolfpack has a bad loss on their schedule and they’re lucky to still be a top-10 team.

Well State has their second best player back now (Boyd) who didn't play in that game. She also didn't play in the game vs Lesser Carolina. As an aside.... she won the ACC Player of the Week for her play last week.

Reaction Score
Just curious - why the "dirty birds"?

We long-time Louisville fans are used to getting that from a some of the folks who follow that team 90 miles east of here and bleed blue. Are you perchance a closet Wildcat fan?

And to get back on topic, no way do I underestimate NC State. I'd make the game a tossup. Cunane is the real deal, has had lots of success against us, and has a pretty darn good supporting cast.

Reaction Score
Wishing Kim well and a speedy recovery. Let's not be too hard on her. Geno goes home every night. He doesn't sleep on campus. Having said that, Baylor owes us one. They need to go out of their way to make this right.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I certainly hope Jeff is in the market for a replacement game, and if so, that he'd prefer playing UConn versus, for example, UMass-Lowell.

Louisville travels to VPI on thursday.

Reaction Score
I would be ecstatic if WBB even gets to the Big Dance this year. As for UConn’s seeding, I don’t really care. Although, I do like Geno’s analogy to Casablanca, where he indicated that with all the cancelled OOC games this season, the NCAA Selection Committee will simply, “Round up the usual suspects.
So your saying ND is in the tourney?

Reaction Score
It's not small stuff! Infection by the Coronavirus is real serious stuff.
I appreciate all that fun stuff you said about Kim. Great. Wonderful.
I think your "Polly- Annish" attitude is just tone deaf. People are dying. What do they say, one person dies of Covid every 33 seconds. I'm 63, an ex-athlete with a paunch like Geno's. I'm scared to death of getting that virus.
For this idea to work safely and effectively, EVERYONE has to be "on-board" and willing to follow all the scientifically recommended protocols 100%/to the best of your ability.
Well, obviously, the “small stuff” to which I alluded, has to do with losing a game. Yes, Covid is deadly serious, but a lot of otherwise conscientious people were faced with tough personal decisions around the holidays. Unlike you, I would not be so quick to brand Kim with a scarlett C across her chest...or to dismiss my post as Polly Annish!

Reaction Score
To be honest , I don't even know why they bothered to start the season...This entire season (if you want to call this a season) is going to be a joke anyways... What are the betting odds that there won't even be a tournament?

I was definitely looking forward to tonight's game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It didn't say she exposed the team. She caught COVID from a family member.
You miss my point. Yes Kim caught the virus over Christmas from a friend or family member, but she subsequently exposed her team when she interacted with them yesterday. Had Geno faced a similar scenario, the team would have cancelled the game in order to quarantine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom