UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 59 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score
Went to the PBR Procase yesterday, the UConn commits all look great. Very excited for UConn’s future. But man, that Gaby Tirado kid is something special. Smashing balls all over the place. I think he led the way as a ‘24 at the whole event with an exit velo of 103.4 (And that’s with a wood bat!). Crazy pop, never seen anything like it.

Reaction Score
Went to the PBR Procase yesterday, the UConn commits all look great. Very excited for UConn’s future. But man, that Gaby Tirado kid is something special. Smashing balls all over the place. I think he led the way as a ‘24 at the whole event with an exit velo of 103.4 (And that’s with a wood bat!). Crazy pop, never seen anything like it.

That's not good news. We want really good recruits. You tell the world we have great recruits, they'll go pro before they ever make it to Storrs.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
A 9 PG rating usually translates as a “4 star” or so in football or basketball. Not that our staff would care about such things!

Reaction Score
Nice start but we don't want him to be too good like Frank Mozzicato, Owen Kellington or Mike Burrows. It would be nice to see him in Storrs.

I refuse to root against a high school kid. To me, if you have a quality college baseball team, you are going to lose some recruits to pro baseball. It happens to good teams, and not so much to bad teams. An odd way of looking at it is losing recruits to the pro ball is a sign the UConn baseball program is moving in the right direction of improving the program in general. You just have to hope that in your recruiting you come up kids like Ian Cooke, Jack Sullivan, among others that end up in Storrs. Hoping a kid doesn't do well is once again just setting yourself up for disappointment. There seems to be a lot of that going on in college baseball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom